Career And Job Advice Forums

Go Back   Career And Job Advice Forums > Main Categories - How To Become Somebody > IT, Computing & Internet

IT, Computing & Internet How To Become a Programmer, Web designer, Internet Marketer, Search Engine Optimizer, IT Technician, Software Developer, Cyber Investigator and More

Career-Forums-Join-Now
More On Our Career Site

Old 03-18-2013, 07:43 AM

princejjkh is on a distinguished road
Question Help Needed For Building A Career In Information Technology?

Hello,

I am a computer engineer. Working in operational department(non it) of an airline company. As i have done bachelors and i want to develop myself in IT field but due to market and initially not having much experience on my field i didn't get the job, so i join an airline company for the time being. But as time goes by, it getting more difficult for me to get a job in It field, because i am not hand on in it field anymore and now its almost 4 years i am in airline company.

I was trying to get myself develop in a software field, but due to less experience i didn't get any job in software house. i tried so much but it remains the same.

Now i am stuck in airline operations department where their is no handsome salary, no salary increase, no other allowance and no future.

Now i am planning to re build my future in Networking field as i have previously studied in my bachelors degree. I am also planning to do some certifications to help me secure a suitable job.

1- Please guide me how to get an entry level job in Networking field?
2- Which certification i should do?
3- What are the career options in a networking field?
4- What the difference between Cisco and Microsoft certifications?
5- What are their expires?
6- Certification which are internationally known for if i tried to get a job Europe or America?

After getting an entry level job what should i do further more?

Thanks,

Sincerely.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:06 AM

Amare is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by princejjkh View Post
Hello,

I am a computer engineer. Working in operational department(non it) of an airline company. As i have done bachelors and i want to develop myself in IT field but due to market and initially not having much experience on my field i didn't get the job, so i join an airline company for the time being. But as time goes by, it getting more difficult for me to get a job in It field, because i am not hand on in it field anymore and now its almost 4 years i am in airline company.

I was trying to get myself develop in a software field, but due to less experience i didn't get any job in software house. i tried so much but it remains the same.

Now i am stuck in airline operations department where their is no handsome salary, no salary increase, no other allowance and no future.

Now i am planning to re build my future in Networking field as i have previously studied in my bachelors degree. I am also planning to do some certifications to help me secure a suitable job.

1- Please guide me how to get an entry level job in Networking field?
2- Which certification i should do?
3- What are the career options in a networking field?
4- What the difference between Cisco and Microsoft certifications?
5- What are their expires?
6- Certification which are internationally known for if i tried to get a job Europe or America?

After getting an entry level job what should i do further more?

Thanks,

Sincerely.
I would ask your current company if it is possible for you to transfer or even train for an IT job with them. They might even help you get the training you need.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:47 PM

elearningguy is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you might want to check out other online resources that can help you career path and IT job. This resource is free and will give you course recommendations that align to a career path elearningplanner.com its free, plus comes with video based training. I know they recommend lots of IT certifications and career ready courses. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:24 AM

SusanWalker is on a distinguished road

Many people love the people in IT (Information Technology). This is a good field but it does not mean that you work with computers only. Helping others use their computers is often a big part of the job. This field is very big. From an ATM machine, to PC techies, to a network administrator to a graphic designer to a webmaster, to the record producer, these people are all in IT.

Check out the Steps

If you really want to hunt the job as IT professional, contact with Cheap Resume Writing Services that offers professional Resume Writing to all job seekers. They offer 20% discount on each order.

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:59 AM

karterbezon is on a distinguished road

You can go and concern IT recruiter. One of the best IT recruiter is Xists4 IT recruiters. They will let you know about many vacancies from the top MNC .They have an awesome list of companies who are waiting for such professionals. So you just contact them here 020 7205 2211. They will give you all the necessary details.