Career And Job Advice Forums

Go Back   Career And Job Advice Forums > Main Categories - How To Become Somebody > Design, Arts & Crafts

Design, Arts & Crafts How To Become a Goldsmith, Sculptor, Clock Maker, Piano Tuner, Graphic Designer, Cartoonist, Picture Framer, Interior Designer and More

Career-Forums-Join-Now
More On Our Career Site

Old 09-29-2012, 05:40 PM

isabella17 is on a distinguished road
Default Logo Designing

I really enjoy making logos for my friends and family. I've always seemed to have a knack for this. Does anyone know if there is any kind of future in this for me? I've never had any formal training courses and I haven't done much more than designing the logos in Photoshop. It seems very easy for me to come up with ideas for them and then create some very nice logos...if I do say so myself.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 AM

Amare is on a distinguished road

If you're good at doing it, then I would say "yes" there is a future for you in it. You just need to be willing to put in work and advertise your business. Good luck!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:51 PM

Ben10 is on a distinguished road

Have you made any steps forward with your business? Don't worry you can do it!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:36 AM

Baker is on a distinguished road

This sounds like it has a lot of potential. You might want to get some formal training with graphic design software to further develop your skills. You could also develop a plan according to your goals of working for yourself or someone else. You might sell your products on your own site or another site that sells similar products. Etsy might be a good place to start.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:48 PM

N360 is on a distinguished road

Logo designing can pay really well if your good at it. I saw a freelancer online who was completing approximately 3 jobs per week with logo's. He was working an awful lot but each job was paying him around £400-600 which is fantastic. There are loads of opportunities available online for you.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:24 AM

stinkingrich is on a distinguished road

Logo designing can be very profitable, and a lot of money comes from referrals and recommendations so reputation is everything in this business. You might want to start at freelancing sites, and you can easily expect to earn £200+ per logo if your selling it to medium sized companies. Build up a good portfolio, and start taking on some projects from clients.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:49 AM

Riley is on a distinguished road

There's a lot of people in this area, so you'll want to have a really good portfolio. I think you should design some logo's for free, so you can put them on your portfolio and get recommendations. After you've done a few then you can start charging. I see some people on Freelancer accept artists with bids in the range of £250-£350 so there's money to be made.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:34 PM

Erin is on a distinguished road

If you're good then there is definitely a hungry market for you out there. I'm no expert in this field but I would say to use Illustrator instead of Photoshop as it's a lot better for that type of thing. Freelancing is a good start, and try and get a good portfolio together to show companies and clients. Be aware that this is a competitive business, so you'll need to be really good to succeed.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:50 PM

SusanWalker is on a distinguished road

5 useful logo design tips

PUBLISHED ON JANUARY 9TH, 2008
In this guest post, Jacob Cass briefly covers a few logo tips, listing some logo resources too.

1. Learn what a logo is and what it represents
Before you design one, you must understand what a logo is, what it represents and what it is supposed to do. A logo is not just a mark – it reflects a business’s commercial brand through the use of shape, fonts, colour, and / or images.

5 useful logo design tips | David Airey, graphic designer

If you want to get employed as soon as possible, order a professional resume from Cheap Resume Writing Services! Send your resume here for free assessment.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2014, 09:51 AM

andrzej is on a distinguished road

if you are still young i recommend art school.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:07 AM

allenmartin22 is on a distinguished road

Good job. Keep it up. I also have interest in making logo but I confuse when I choose color and its combination. Now I am on a coaching to learn it.