Career And Job Advice Forums

Go Back   Career And Job Advice Forums > Main Categories - How To Become Somebody > TV, Film, Entertainment & Performing Arts

TV, Film, Entertainment & Performing Arts How To Become a Camera Operator, Actor, Film Extra, Comedian, TV Presenter, DJ and More

Career-Forums-Join-Now
More On Our Career Site

Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 PM

FlowerPots is on a distinguished road
Default Voice Acting For Cartoons

One of my strengths is my ability to morph my voice into a lot of different cartoony sounding characters. I'm also great at impressions. How can I get paid doing this? I think it would be really neat to be able to provide voices for cartoon characters, and I feel I would be really good at it.

I've made a few of my own cartoons using ***** Flash, and some of them have a pretty good following on youtube, and are making me a bit of money each month.

But, it'd be nice to work for someone else for a change, and actually get consistent pay.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:01 AM

Lee is on a distinguished road

You could try going to conventions and asking the professionals there for advice. It sounds like you're off to a good start already. You mention that you had made some of your own cartoons. This would be a great thing that could help you get an audition for sure.

Also, if you say your cartoons are getting a lot of views, perhaps in the description of your videos you could mention that you're looking for voice acting work. Perhaps someone may stumble upon it and give you an opportunity. Just a thought.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 PM

JPGeek is on a distinguished road
Default Question

I hear it is hard to get into this line of work as there are a select few who get most of the contracts. Also I hear you need to join a union, I cannot remember the name but supposedly that is the only way to get the big contracts...

Anyone with experience in this, can you please send us some links or information on how to break into this career path?
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 PM

Seth86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPots View Post
One of my strengths is my ability to morph my voice into a lot of different cartoony sounding characters. I'm also great at impressions. How can I get paid doing this? I think it would be really neat to be able to provide voices for cartoon characters, and I feel I would be really good at it.

I've made a few of my own cartoons using ***** Flash, and some of them have a pretty good following on youtube, and are making me a bit of money each month.

But, it'd be nice to work for someone else for a change, and actually get consistent pay.

You may apply as a dubber in anime shows.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 PM

Euston is on a distinguished road

FlowerPots- you've gotten some good advice here. Have you had any luck branching out with voice acting?
St Pancras Trains to Paris ticket deals. London has direct access to Paris by train St Pancras in London. Experience train holidays in the Sunny south or skiing in central Europe just a few hours away by train. Paris is only 2 hours by train from the main terminal at London.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM

Riley is on a distinguished road

There are some online sites where people have their portfolio set up through the site, which is for voice over artists. Maybe you could upload some samples on there and direct people to your work? If you have the talent and you get people to hear your samples, then you will most likely get hired.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:21 AM

SusanWalker is on a distinguished road

Hello Mate explore these useful links ....

Adventures in Voice Acting
Voice acting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...
Adventure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...
A good article from ANN ;
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerma...

Tutorials ;
http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Voice-Ac...
voice | eHow...
http://www.crispinfreeman.com/animeindex...
Also , try to attend an Anime convention and ask a voice actor for their advice .

Consult your resume with Expert:
support@cheapresumewritingservices.net
1-866-821-8819 ext.34
Free Resume Assessment
Cheap Resume Writing Services
Old 07-16-2015, 10:50 AM

allenmartin22 is on a distinguished road

I am a big fan of cartoon characters and especially their voice which seems good and funny. People are able to develop their career as dubbing artist and cartoon voice artist; nothing seems tough if we have dedication and motivational strength.