Career And Job Advice Forums

Go Back   Career And Job Advice Forums > Main Categories - How To Become Somebody > Writing, Journalism, Publishing & Editorial

Writing, Journalism, Publishing & Editorial How To Become a Writer, Journalist, Editor, Critic, Photo Journalist , Book Reviewer, Columnist and More

Career-Forums-Join-Now
More On Our Career Site

Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 AM

yosserhughes is on a distinguished road
Default Writing Articles Online

I'm interested in writing articles online as there appears to be quite the demand for this kind of thing. Does anybody know of any online tutorials that could help me get started and also any sites that provide regular work ?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 AM

Thinker is on a distinguished road

I wrote a couple of articles for a company that hires people to write them a few years ago. I quit because I thought the pay was poor and I didn't get credit for writing them once they were submitted.

I've also written a couple of articles for Associated Content. You don't get much money per article, but you also can earn ongoing income based on the hits your articles get. If you write enough articles on subjects people are interested in, you might be able to make some noticeable ongoing extra income. You also keep the credit for writing the articles. There are other sites that pay for articles that you post on their sites, too.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:09 AM

Forest is on a distinguished road
Default How to Get Started Writing Articles Online and How to Find Work

Writing articles online is an interesting and rewarding career. Many people nowadays make a living out the lucrative field which also offers writers a chance to learn more as they earn. Here is how to get started writing articles online and how to find work since; there are many sites out there that seeks writers for engaging articles to be posted on their websites.

An extensive research is very essential as this provide a clear guideline on the requirements, format, styles and quality of online articles. Different articles require different and specific content. For instance the content for poems and the content for news articles are extremely different, as a result an aspiring writer should research and learn the basics for writing articles. This is also vital because different sites deal with different articles, and a whole round writer has better chances of getting work much easier.

Read reviews on sites that deal with online writing, this will provide a list of companies that seeks online writers. Then Identify and choose a site that will accommodate your writing needs. Start with one site and sign up as their writer, where you will get established, build and explore online writing skills giving the best to your employer and his clients by delivering the best articles. Acquire a lot of information on what the site is looking for, so as to write original articles with high quality content.

When looking for a job as an online writer, identify more than one site that interests you. Choose a company that deals with topics and areas where you can excel and is best at it. After identifying a site of choice, know their terms and conditions in order to settle for a site with more chances of earning decent income, which will cater for all your expenses and other needs. With more experience in online writing one can also write for more than one site that will fetch more income.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:01 AM

transcribe is on a distinguished road

Writing articles/blog can work as a side income for you. Try suite101.com
Old 03-22-2011, 11:04 PM

STamm is on a distinguished road

Really, if you google search for "writing articles online" you can come up with a lot of different websites that accept articles. What I've heard (And in some capacity, experienced) is that writing online has a rather steep learning curve and probably won't pay very well at first. If you have a lot of time on your hands and are a fast writer it might be worthwhile to look into, but as a full-time job... well, some people can make it work but it isn't for everyone. I agree with Forest in that you should try to get posted on a lot of different websites- having a broader publishing base allows you to concentrate an a more narrow range of topics. And you should try to get a resume service to help you build an attractive-looking resume, since that's all that potential employers will see.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 PM

bsforrester80 is on a distinguished road

At first I certianly wouldn't rely on it as a main income as the pay is very low at first. However, over time if you are dedicated (and a good wirter) you can make it worth your while.

If you have a niche interest you could always start a blog. It is a difficult field as there are already millions of blogs out there but if you can pick a subject that isn't well covered then you could start to earn income through advertising on your blog.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:43 AM

Seth is on a distinguished road

If you want to earn money by writing articles, I recommend you to try hubpages.com, triond.com, reviewstream.com, ehow.com, bukisa.com.

These sites all pay for articles.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:16 PM

Jhon5 is on a distinguished road

Writing articles tend to not need any tutorials to be honest. Just write something that matches your preferred purpose (to persuade, inform ect) and then write something interesting that you can publish on your blog or another blog.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 PM

Fifi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
If you want to earn money by writing articles, I recommend you to try hubpages.com, triond.com, reviewstream.com, ehow.com, bukisa.com.

These sites all pay for articles.
Thanks for sharing these sites, I will definitely check out these sites.

I know Hubpages and Triond are very good sites, I do not know a lot about the rest.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:22 PM

RashedMohamed is on a distinguished road

There are many struggles you may face to establish yourself as an online freelance writer. This article is here to help people and make their struggle a little more easy. So here goes...

Rediscover your passion for writing.
A profession like online writing is definitely for someone who has had a flair for writing. Maybe a small poem for the school magazine , a short essay for the college daily- the love for penning down thoughts in a manner that appeals to others...is the only criteria required. There will come a point in life, when every other thing around you becomes mundane enough or you want that extra little income. Freelance writing is just the option for you!

Competition for employment can be intense that is why you need an impressive cover letter and professional resume to increase your chances of getting an interview call!
Visit the website for more details Our Cheap Resume Writing Service | Cheap Resume Writing Services
Send your resume here for free resume assessment.

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:35 PM

marthastewart is on a distinguished road
Default Online Writing........

Writing articles is one best works which can show your passion towards to a become a writer and as we all know life is not a bed of roses and there are many paths which we need to cross to struggle throughout our life and you would definitely succeed.
How to be an online writer? - HowPoint
Old 01-22-2014, 12:32 PM

SusanWalker is on a distinguished road

There are many struggles you may face to establish yourself as an online freelance writer. This article is here to help people and make their struggle a little more easy. So here goes...

If you really want to hunt the job as freelance writing professional, contact with Cheap Resume Writing Services that offers professional Resume Writing to all job seekers. They offer 20% discount on each order.

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:16 AM

allenmartin22 is on a distinguished road

For an article writer it is essential to strong in literature. After then have knowledge in that specific topic. He/she have the capacity to know which information regarding that topic is important for a visitor and which not. Writing an article is an art and some specific inner talent is require for this. Enhance your writing skill