Career And Job Advice Forums

Go Back   Career And Job Advice Forums > Main Categories - How To Become Somebody > Sport & Fitness

Sport & Fitness How To Become a Personal Trainer, Sport Nutritionist, Fitness Instructor, Referee, Athlete, Sports Coach , Caddy, Diver and More

Career-Forums-Join-Now
More On Our Career Site

Old 12-22-2009, 03:03 AM

Qwert is on a distinguished road
Default Nutritionist or Personal Trainer?

I am bodybuilder and I also do some personal training. As a bodybuilder I know lot about nutrition and nutrition is part of the training program I do with my clients. I have been thinking of getting a diploma in personal training so I can expand my business and get more clients but I have been told that I would make more money If I become a nutritionist. I like the idea to become a nutritionist as I already know lot about nutrition. I just have no idea how to become a nutritionist. Do I need some sort of certificate or is there a training course I can take or do I have to go to college.
And also how much I would be earning as a nutritionist. As personal trainer I can easily make 40 - 50 pounds an hour working with a client so can I really make more money as a nutritionist?

Thanks,
Old 05-22-2010, 01:56 PM

liy0ngp0 is on a distinguished road
Smile combination

I think it would be best to choose a combination of the two, from nutrition to take things related to food and how you organize the masses and training, so that you can be good personal coach.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:32 AM

Andrea is on a distinguished road
Smile Nutritionist!

Yes a combo of the two would be nice but you can only really pursue one at a time so I would say Nutritionist. yes you do have to have a certain certification that you can gain from a 2 to 4 year program at a college or university. The Department of Labor states that 46 states have some kind of law regarding the standards for nutritionists. Of these 46 states, 30 require licensure, 15 require certification, and 1 requires registration with the state upon graduation from an accredited program.

You can search your local community colleges, night schools and universities to see if any of them carry those courses for your diploma. If you do not have any around you there are actually some colleges who offer online courses to become a certified nutritionist. Later down the road it would be a smart idea to become a certified personal trainer as well so your clients can go to you for two services, which means more money for you! I hope you have good luck with your body building and your new business endeavors I hope I helped you out a little. If you find another way be sure to share
Old 07-13-2011, 04:56 PM

Lincolnln is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Your all the comments are so valid and Good selection of the food is guaranty of the good health. So we should be conscious when we chose the food to eat in our routine life and specially in restaurant.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 AM

edwnboyd is on a distinguished road

Yes. You can go that way. Nothing wrong about it. In fact You should start soon with the course.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:00 AM

Serjaydee is on a distinguished road

Well you can be a nutritionist and a personal gym trainer just the same. It's just that for you to become a nutritionist, you'll have to take a course offered in college and get a degree for it. It's not that really hard and for sure you would really earn a lot from investing in it because a lot of people would want a trainer that also knows about how to take care of what they should and shouldn't eat.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:38 AM

martiito is on a distinguished road

Hi,Qwert!I think can help you I just start work with a very good company for natural products.This company have very good nutrition products that are perfect for bodybuilder.If you are interested just write me
Old 05-05-2013, 05:42 PM

Seth is on a distinguished road

Like some people have mentioned, you can choose both. But if you have to choose one, I recommend you to be a personal trainer. If I am not wrong these trainers make a lot of money.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:23 PM

rzeznik81 is on a distinguished road

Yes but you really need good the knowledge to earn similar money
Old 05-05-2014, 07:32 AM

Jamez 001 is on a distinguished road

Emmmm that's great to hear your ideas but i just want to say you that i would like to prefer Personal Trainer because he is the one man who teach us the best ideas for exercise and weight loss he is only one men who is the best for our fat burn and make us slim and healthful in all the life i salute to all Personal Trainers ....