Thread: Courier Bikes

Default Courier Bikes

Do couriers have to provide their own transport? I see them around on push bikes and scooters or motor bikes, and imagine that the latter cost quite a lot to buy if that is necessary.

If you planning to work as a self employed courier or owner driver or freelance courier then you must have your own transport. Whether it is van, small car or a motorbike, you have to have it in order to get jobs or subcontract work form other courier companies.

If you are planning to work directly for some courier company then in general they will provide the transport so you can use company van or motorbike and they will pay for the maintenance, insurance and fuel costs. Some courier companies might also take you on with your own transport so in this case you can expect more money but you also have to spend more to keep your vehicle on the road.

However, I am not so familiar with couriers who use bush bikes, I think most of them work directly under the courier company so I suppose the bikes are provided by the courier company as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Geniei View Post
    Do couriers have to provide their own transport? I see them around on push bikes and scooters or motor bikes, and imagine that the latter cost quite a lot to buy if that is necessary.
    Unless you wish to start your own courier service, you need not buy your own vehicle but assure yourself an able and competent driver whom can the employers trust to entrust tasks. It costs you to give up many vices and excercise great patience and remain cool specially against critical traffic.
    Job Interview Questions and Answers

If you are working as a self employed courier or owner driver or freelance courier then you must have your own transport.
    Free Resume Assessment
    Cheap Resume Writing Services

Default courier

hi, CYC, courier systems, adisson lee, e-courier and a lot of companys supplay motocycles for free.

Thread Information