Default Looking The Part

I hear that one of the requirements in the beauty industry is to look the part. I can understand why this is, who would want nails done by someone who looks like they have been digging in the garden. Is it hard to keep up with the routine of looking good all the time?

Default Time

I think the time you spend doing yourself up is an investment in how much you will make and how much you will be tipped. People are very visual so you have to do it.

I agree with this one 100%. I would not go to a salon and let anyone do my hair or my nails if they looked bad. Just think - when you work at a salon or a place like this, you can probably get your nails done for free.

Melissa27 Guest

Most certainly, dress the part. I would love to work in a salon too (for a day a week), I would get all done up that day!

I would never let anyone work on my nails if theirs were all chipped and not polished.

I agree with you 100 percent. You actually have to look the part because it will be like the Biblical analogy of 'preaching water and drinking wine.'

That is why you will find that many people have specific salons and barber shops that they are fond of.

LOL! This reminds of a story about a village with two barber and two barber shops. Barber A's hair is unkempt and badly cut and his shop is unkempt with the cut hair scattered on the floor. Barber B's hair is immaculately cut and his shop is clean and tidy. If you were in the village and needed a haircut, where will you go? This was a part of an employment test. What's your answer?

I agree with happyone. Looking good or at least having a look that speaks of the quality of service you offer is an investment in this line of business...When I get my hair cut or colored, I make a note of the aesthetician's hair and hairstyle. Or in choosing my dermatologist, it was very important to me that her face was clear of unsightly blemishes! It's like saying 'Walk the Talk'.

Default Being visual

I am a very visual person, so if I go to get a hair cut I want to be able to see others hair cuts and to see the barber looking good as well. I think you do have to take the time to look the part.

I don't necessarily look at how the the one attending to me looks, as long as he or she can make me look good. Since they cut each other's hair, I ask the one with the best haircut who did hers and look for that one.

I have to agree. I think that it is very important to try and keep up with the look. Like some others have said, I would not let someone do my hair who looked bad. You want to make sure that they will do a good job. But, I'm sure that it's hard to keep up with because there are days that you just don't feel like waking up early and getting ready.

Thread Information