Default How To Become A TV Show Contestant

Is it possible to make a living (or at least a half decent income) from appearing on TV shows? I'm sure I keep see-ing the same people over and over on the shows, so it got me thinking of this question.

Do you mean like a TV show extra or a "background" actor? I don't know about their rates, but I read somewhere that background actors are also protected by the actors' association when it comes to their wage and working conditions.

Yes they make decent income by appearing in TV shows and they are also earning from many normal advertisements and other reality shows, don't know how much they earn but they have good fan followers which means they are big celebrities and have value in the industry. Theaters and TV industry need struggle and if you can struggle then you can get in to theaters.

If you mean an actual contestant that has chance to win something, although it can be a great and interesting opportunity but as a long term reliable career option, I do not think so. However, if you meant becoming a an extra in TV shows and in Films, then yes you can make a full time living doing it. Have a look here for some TV and Film extra jobs: Casting Calls - United Kingdom - StarNow.co.uk
    hvaccertification-training.com - How To Become HVAC Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    If you mean an actual contestant that has chance to win something, although it can be a great and interesting opportunity but as a long term reliable career option, I do not think so. However, if you meant becoming a an extra in TV shows and in Films, then yes you can make a full time living doing it. Have a look here for some TV and Film extra jobs: Casting Calls - United Kingdom - StarNow.co.uk
    Have to agree here, you could try applying for various shows like Deal or no Deal etc but...People wait for months to get a shot on the show and often have to skip their current job, and walk out with 10p at the end! It's very unreliable and unless you make a lot one time it's going to be hard to keep getting on them and doing well.

Thread Information