Default How Do I Get Past Stage Fright?

I think I can act, I know I can make jokes. I believe I can be a performer, and a great one for that matter.

One thing is the main impediment; how do I get past stage fright?

I would think practice and more practice. Try talking to yourself in front of a mirror. Then try going to clubs and doing shows (small clubs with few people). You can even try it at family parties (lots of people) to try to get used to it.

Stage fright is something most if not all people suffer fro. In fact, most successful actors still have to get over stage fright.

A lot of practice is necessary as well as a need to interact with those who have made it as well.

You could try joining something like the Toastmasters, a club where you get the chance to make presentations and get feedback. I think this is a great way to get confidence in this area.

Default Open Mic Night

I think you should travel around to bars and pubs that have open mic night. Places where you don't know anyone and you have nothing to lose. The practice might help you get over stage fright.

Expose yourself to a crowd of viewers, but do it gradually. I mean, start performing in front of a small group of people to help build your confidence. As mentioned by the others, why not show your talent to your family, friends, and others who are close to you at parties or social functions.

Stage fright can be quite frightening indeed. Studies have shown that people are more scared getting up at front of the large group op people more then they are scared of death. However, there are few things you could do to ease your fear:
    1. Do not t look at the audience directly, look over and above them.
    2. Concentrate on what you doing and not on audience.
    3. Practice a lot so you will be confident when performing.

Yeah practice is really the key when it comes to this kinds of career. You see, it's easy to convince your mind that there's nothing for you to be afraid of and that the audience would certainly like you if you know that you can do it because you have invested a lot of time practicing whatever it is you will be acting. Because if you don't practice a lot, then normally anyone will get a stage fright in that case.

Start by doing it in from of your family, then start trying it with your close friends and keep building it up until you have the confidence to go out and perform in front of hundreds of people. Works for most people!

Quote Originally Posted by AIM View Post
    Start by doing it in from of your family, then start trying it with your close friends and keep building it up until you have the confidence to go out and perform in front of hundreds of people. Works for most people!
    This. You'd be surprised how many popular comedians and singers had stage fright starting out. Do this with people you trust and are very close with, and build up your confidence. Be sure to accept constructive criticism from them, so you know what you can improve on. Build it up slowly, but challenge yourself too.

This is very common, and I believe some now world famous actors used to have this problem when they were younger. I think therapy would probably be the most efficient and quickest means of treating the issue. You could like others pointed out start doing it in front of people you trust, but it may take considerably longer to cure.

Stage fright, like public speaking is one of the most common fears in people today. The reason people get stage fright, or are scared of standing up on stage comes down to the fact that people are insecure. People are scared of others thinking bad of them, or judging them by their actions. I know this because i used to suffer from fear of public speaking.

How do you get passed this fear? You have to change your mindset. People get stage fright because all they can think about is themselves, what they are doing, how they are looking to other people. You HAVE to drop the ego and stop thinking about YOURSELF. You are not special, you are just like everyone else. Ask yourself: Do you care about the guy sat third row on the left in the audience? NO obviously not, then why do you assume he cares about you? For all you know he isn't even paying attention to what you are doing or saying.

Before you go out on stage you should stop worrying about yourself and THINK about the audience. THINK about how your going to communicate to THEM! How are you going to perform to THEM. Suddenly you won't be scared any more because the audience becomes the focus of your energy and not on your own mistakes that probably won't even ever happen.

And obviously practice is very important as well! haha hope this helps!

Competition for performing arts can be intense – that is why you need an impressive cover letter and professional resume to increase your chances of getting an interview call!
    Visit the website for more details Our Cheap Resume Writing Service | Cheap Resume Writing Services
    Send your resume here for free resume assessment.

Thanks.

Yeah practice is really the key when it comes to this kinds of career. You see, it's easy to convince your mind that there's nothing for you to be afraid of and that the audience would certainly like you if you know that you can do it because you have invested a lot of time practicing whatever AllPetsExpert
 it is you will be acting. Because if you don't practice a lot, then normally anyone will get a stage fright in that case.

Thread Information