Default Underwater Welding Jobs

I saw an ad in the newspaper job section another day where they were advertising underwater welding jobs. Did look bit unusual, as usually it is just welders or plumbers or whatever. Just made me think about how to get one of these underwater welding jobs. Is there a training course for that or do I need to take a welding course and the diving course separate or how that would work then. Any website for that sort of info?

Default Underwater welding

Underwater welding is a skilled profession. To become an underwater welder you must first be a certified welder and also a commercial diver. Working underwater has its risks so safety is a priority and it is essential to have good diving skills. Welding alone is not the only task that an underwater welder will perform, there are many other tasks required to get the job ready.

There are many good commercial diving schools that you can attend if you are interested in becoming an underwater welder. Most commercial diving schools offer a certificate of completion and also an acceptance as a commercial diver upon completion. You will need to pass both a written and a physical diving exam. Once you have completed the diving course you will have a good idea as to whether you do want to go ahead with a career in which you will spend a great deal of time underwater. If you decide that you do enjoy diving and want a career working under water then get your resume together and apply to some professional diving companies that offer the service of underwater welding.

When you first get an underwater welding job you may be required to enhance your skills by passing some qualification tests. When applying for a job you may want to enquire about what requirements they have. The better your skills are, both wet and dry welding skills, the more valuable you are to the company and the higher pay rate you will have.

Some people start off as commercial divers and then decide to learn welding to become underwater welders. Underwater welding can be a physically demanding job so you need to keep yourself in good physical condition. The better share you are in the better job you will do.

So what are the chances of finding a job as an underwater welder? Just like any profession it is subject to supply and demand, but generally the demand for skilled underwater welders is quite high. The more experience you gain as an underwater welder the more opportunities that will become available. Many underwater welders are sought after as they have built themselves a good reputation in the field. Skilled and well experienced underwater welders can earn in excess of £100,000 per year so it is certainly a career field worth looking into if you have an interest in diving and welding. The combination of these two professions brings one very lucrative career.

Wow, underwater welding sounds like quite a job. I suppose I always imagined somebody would have to weld underwater but I never really thought about it. I can see how a lot of skills are required.

I have heard a friend talking about underwater welding and he says it really pays well. However, the risks are great, including possible electrocution if the electrical wires get punctured while you are welding underwater. And there's also the risk of shark attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Career101 View Post
    Underwater welding is a skilled profession. To become an underwater welder you must first be a certified welder and also a commercial diver. Working underwater has its risks so safety is a priority and it is essential to have good diving skills. Welding alone is not the only task that an underwater welder will perform, there are many other tasks required to get the job ready.

There are many good commercial diving schools that you can attend if you are interested in becoming an underwater welder. Most commercial diving schools offer a certificate of completion and also an acceptance as a commercial diver upon completion. You will need to pass both a written and a physical diving exam. Once you have completed the diving course you will have a good idea as to whether you do want to go ahead with a career in which you will spend a great deal of time underwater. If you decide that you do enjoy diving and want a career working under water then get your resume together and apply to some professional diving companies that offer the service of underwater welding.

When you first get an underwater welding job you may be required to enhance your skills by passing some qualification tests. When applying for a job you may want to enquire about what requirements they have. The better your skills are, both wet and dry welding skills, the more valuable you are to the company and the higher pay rate you will have.

Some people start off as commercial divers and then decide to learn welding to become underwater welders. Underwater welding can be a physically demanding job so you need to keep yourself in good physical condition. The better share you are in the better job you will do.

So what are the chances of finding a job as an underwater welder? Just like any profession it is subject to supply and demand, but generally the demand for skilled underwater welders is quite high. The more experience you gain as an underwater welder the more opportunities that will become available. Many underwater welders are sought after as they have built themselves a good reputation in the field. Skilled and well experienced underwater welders can earn in excess of £100,000 per year so it is certainly a career field worth looking into if you have an interest in diving and welding. The combination of these two professions brings one very lucrative career.
    This post summaries all a newbie in this field would want to know. I am particularly afraid of diving coupled with my fear of heights so I am not sure this is a job I would easily adapt with.

Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards.

I've spoken with a couple of friends who did underwater welding for awhile and came away with a couple of points.

First off, you need to be very comfortable in the water. Where you're welding it will be dark, grimy, and often cold so you need to be able to keep a cool head while still performing your job.

It's also quite dangerous as you are working underwater with cables etc. so you need to keep that in mind.

The job pays quite well but you need to be prepared for the working conditions to succeed.

Underwater welding is much in demand these days, they are highly paid, lucrative and rewarding profession, you really need skill to work in this profession. If you are really wondering to get in to this carrier then visit American Welding Society website they recommend on their website to encourage youngsters to get in to this carrier.The basic step to start this carrier is by getting certified in welding as well as a skilled diver. Their are many diving schools who are helping youngsters to become Underwater welding expert.

CryoGas International examines the many ways the industrial gas industry works with water. The demand for highly sophisticated underwater procedures and technologies is increasing, driven by deep sea oil and gas development and by marine infrastructure development and repair around the world. In this article the American Welding Society (AWS) looks at careers in underwater welding. Taking the Plunge - A guide to Starting an Underwater Welding Career
    Free Resume Assessment
    Cheap Resume Writing Services

Thread Information