Lightbulb Teaching Special Children

I heard that the wage rates for teaching special children are high. But I also know that these teachers undergo very special training. How long does it take to become a teacher for special children?

To teach students with special needs and in need of additonal resources I believe a different type of training is required but I don't know how much longer. I think that the training would involve learning to deal with conflict management and managing stress in students.

Default Special needs

Sometimes working with special needs kids can be a curse. It is a great job and very rewarding, but often the pay is low and you won't get the supplies that you need so it comes out of your own pocket.

I agree that it needs to be something you are passionate about to pursue. I think it can be very rewarding though. I think there might be a different certification required for those who want to teach children with special needs though.

My cousin teaches children with special needs...She has a degree in Education major in Special Education and is a licensed teacher. I think that in some states or regions, a bachelor's degree in education is just a basic requirement. Special or additional training or certification is a must to become special education teachers.

Some people start their career path by taking a short course. Take a look at Special Educational Needs Courses.

Teaching Special Ed has got to be a passion. I truly hope if you go this path you enjoy working with these great children. It takes a lot of patience.

Default national careers service

Quote Originally Posted by Irene View Post
    I heard that the wage rates for teaching special children are high. But I also know that these teachers undergo very special training. How long does it take to become a teacher for special children?
    Hi Irene

I haven't taught special ed myself but a friend of mine was looking into it and she used the National Career Service to find out how to become a special education teacher.

Single mum Paula, returns to work - YouTube this video shows what the NCS does. it's a free service with advisors on the line ready to answer anyone's questions about finding work.

you could give them a call to see what training you need and how long training lasts.

really hope this helps.

There are thousands of sources for getting information in the internet. They can really help a lot.

I think it will take a bit longer than usual in order to obtain qualifications to teach special children. I think if you got the qualification to teach special children you would be able to teach almost any class as you would still need to complete regular teacher training. You will need to be very sensitive, caring and patient with them which you will probably learn more about through the training.

Teaching school is one of the most fun and rewarding jobs out there, but getting that license and first job sure can be a daunting task. However, there are some ways to make it an easier ride.

How to Become a School Teacher

Before you forward your resume to an employer, send it to Cheap Resume Writing Services for Free Resume Critique. They also provide resume writing at low cost.

Teaching to a special child is more even tough as compare to teaching a normal child; no doubt a person needs high level of dedication and skills to deal with a special child. Therefore they used to go for professional training to handle a special child.

Music is an amazing tool for teaching languages, especially to children. Good songs will bounce around in a learner's head long after their lesson is over. Young learners pick up vocabulary, grammatical structures, and the rhythm of the language simply by doing what they already love to do...singing.

Is it effective to have just one class a week?

I have found Cheap Resume Writing Services as a good source that also offers Free Resume Critique.

Thanks

It is really a difficult tax my dear. For this you should have patient. After then your education, trick of teaching, presence of mind, understanding the mentality of child and your talent come to work. It depends on you. Minimum five to nine month it will take.

Depending on the level you teach at and where you teach, some schools require you to have some level of education in psychology. Mentally challenged children are a lot harder to teach.
    Education is the investment for the future of the world. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin . China is winning the trade war with the knowledge and hard work. Shanghai Get the Top school in the World

Thread Information