Default Skills Required to Work in a Library

I would love to work at the library. I love books and I love to help people find books to read. What are some skills I should have to apply for a job at the library? I know that some libraries require a college degree in library science, but do they all?

I was reading that you have to have really good research skills to be a librarian in this day and age. With so much technology and the need to access computers for information it's important to be able to use a computer and the internet as well.

I use my local library a lot, and despite having certificates and computer skills, only some of the librarians are pleasant to the public. I would say that's a key thing. If you don't like people, don't do this kind of job!

As mentioned by others you need to enjoy working with people. Also nowadays technology is playing a huge part - some would say taking over the role of librarians themeselves (google?). The more comfortable you are with technology the better.

Quote Originally Posted by shenae View Post
    I would love to work at the library. I love books and I love to help people find books to read. What are some skills I should have to apply for a job at the library? I know that some libraries require a college degree in library science, but do they all?
    If you want to work in a reputed public library or a licenced library you need to have at least a diploma in library science. To be a qualified librarian you need to have degree certificate accredited by the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals and the Society of Archivists in UK
    Job Interview Questions and Answers

Generally speaking, you should have a love of reading, good computer and research skills, good organizational skills, and a love of information.

In order to be an actual librarian, most states require that you have a Master's Degree in Library Science.
    You can check my blog and tell me, what you sink about my wreting skils

Thread Information