Default How Do You Define Fitness?

I would say I am really fit because I am able to normally do a thing or two my friends cannot. Nonetheless, I tend to sweat a lot even when I am doing the least strenuous activity.

Is this something to worry about and if not, how do you define fitness?

Fitness refers to your heart muscle. The stronger your heart, the more fit you are.

Good Fitness means when you are strong mentally as well as physically. And when you don't have any diseases and your health is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by hanbanz View Post
    I would say I am really fit because I am able to normally do a thing or two my friends cannot. Nonetheless, I tend to sweat a lot even when I am doing the least strenuous activity.

Is this something to worry about and if not, how do you define fitness?
    Fitness would mean that you are physically and mentally balanced. You are able to face struggles. Sweatting is not a probelem. But you should be able to withstand tiredness and be at peace.
    Job Interview Questions and Answers

I think fitness is the proper physical and mental combination.

I would agree with the above definitions of fitness. I also read/heard somewhere that if your body is exercised regularly, breathing hard and sweating will happen faster, as your body realizes that it is working hard, and kicks into high gear to do the best job.

If you are working hard, you need to sweat to cool down, so sweating is a good thing.

I think most of the time the generic use of fitness is referred to as when your out and about, active etc... It's mostly physically but sometimes it can fall into mental fitness too. You need to know a lot about fitness to be able to become a coach or a gym instructor etc..

Just because you sweat a lot does not mean that you are not physically fit. There are many very fit athletes that sweat profusely. I think being fit means have total body and mind fitness. Your body must have great muscle tone (not necessarily muscle mass) and you should be capable of doing an extended time of cardio exercises. I think you can be physically fit at different body weights also.
    Isabella

Definition of fitness varies from person to person. For a Olympic athlete definition is different from that of a office employee. I would say as the "person's ability to perform a certain physical activity for a certain period of time without fatigue and at the same time having healthy internal organs.

Fitness is, simply put, the ability to do things. What things, you ask? ALL things. That's the trick. Anything from a 1RM deadlift or swinging a hammer as hard as you can... to swinging the hammer a thousand times and biking a hundred miles... and everything in between. That is "fitness." It is the all-encompassing spectrum of the sports-specific and non-specific physical skills/abilities one can have.

CrossFit Journal - The New Three Dimensional Definition of Fitness Part 1 - YouTube

That's the best explanation, and only worthy definition, I have ever come across. Totally worth the time it takes to watch.

Fitness is the tolerance level of your body in tough physical situations. Physical fitness is very important, you should always eat properly and do exercises to keep yourself fit.

If you are not fit, you may get injured a lot.

Physical fitness and health would mean that you are psychologically and actually healthy. You are able to deal with battles. Sweatting is not a probelem. But you should be able to hold up against exhaustion and be at serenity.
    Anders

Wink 5 people how they define fitness

Ask 5 people how they define fitness and you’ll get 5 different answers.Fitness should be functional. Your workouts should help you achieve more, more professionally, in your everyday life - not just when you’re running a race or playing a game of golf.

Fitness is how hard a person can tolerate obstacles.

For instance, let's say a person has to run 10 kilometers. How quickly that person can run 10 kilometers will indicate the person's fitness level.

Hello hanbanz being fit is just to active physical or do any physical activities quickly. Rather we should mentally fit to attain all the problems. And this can definitely help us be physical and mentally active.
    How to get fit fast? - HowPoint

Default Run every morning

I have to admit to being a little bit of an exercise freak, I run every morning, workout with weights 4 times a week, and, when ever possible I go to the gym.

Fitness generally means that how fast we could we could accomplish our work. It also matters that we should be mentally active also it would be helpful for different persons.

I think fitness is a relative term. People of different ages, strength levels, nutritional needs, and energy levels can all be considered fit if they are of relatively good health and can get around to do the things they like. Therefore, it is relative to your condition and goals of fitness. If big muscles are not your main interest, you don't have to have them to be considered fit.

I generally associate being fit with being healthy. As well as you feeling good in your skin. But as previously said, it depends if you refer to physical or mental fitness.

Fit is healthy. Healthy being "quality of life". If you have no health problems, you are at a good weight for your size and height, and you are active... you are considered fit.

Thread Information