Default What Jobs Can I Do With a Teaching Degree?

I am planning to get my teaching degree as teaching is the career I would really like to follow and also teaching is one of the noblest professions in the whole world. Even in the smaller scale of perspective like in the United Kingdom, education graduates enjoy many teaching jobs that they can get. Education graduates teach both primary as well as secondary. With this, it is just so obvious that there is a great demand for graduates of education in the United Kingdom. But I am just curious if there are still some other jobs that education graduates with a teaching degree can do.

Default Jobs For a Teaching Degree?

You are right, teaching has been one of the noblest professions that we can say in the whole world. And I also know that most education graduates, will ask, what jobs can I do with a teaching degree? Well, there are some ways that they can resort to so that their teaching degree will be utilized to the fullest. Of course, it is a must for education graduates to have the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) which will entitle them to work in private and in public schools. After all, the British government has been very particular about it.

More so, having a teaching degree will entail you to a lot of stressful situations. You must always be on the go so that the lessons that you are discussing will also appear to be interesting to your students. In addition to this, you are also expected to make sure that you impose classroom rules and you must also follow it for the smooth-sailing of the discussions that you are having and will be having.

It is just inevitable that every day will be stressful because teachers need to look after more than thirty students in just a certain class. And with that, they must really be patient so that they will not be discouraged by all the things that are happening in the classroom. You must not also forget about the instructional materials that you must have so that you will be able to have a good discussion with your students. These instructional materials like visual materials are very important so that you are also rest assured that the attentions of the students that you are teaching will be caught. And with that, there would be the ease of teaching even if you are teaching primary or secondary students.

There are many choices that an education graduate can do with their teaching degree. In the United Kingdom alone, they will be able to find plenty of teaching jobs that they can choose from. Of course, there are plenty of schools that these education graduates can choose from between private and public schools. However, despite the fact that there are plenty of factors that affect teachers in different aspects of their life, they also have the different benefits that they enjoy. One of which that graduates of education enjoy is their wage. They get more wages because of the difficulty of their profession. And this also ranges depending on the pay scale for private as well as in the public schools that they are teaching.

There are also other benefits aside from wage. One can also enjoy the rewarding aspect of being a teacher with the entire legacy that they will be imparting to their students. It is the fact that they are the ones who are moulding the minds that would run the world for the next generation to come. These are just some of the things that one can do with their teaching degree. After all, there is more a lot than just receiving a high wage because of your degree. It is also the fact that in one way or another you are helping the world to be an educated place to live in.

After you have finished a full course of teaching degree, then you are sure to have several jobs to land on that may give you a very rewarding career.

Here are some teaching jobs you can take after finishing a teaching degree. Please refer to the list below:

1. Preschool teacher – If you love dealing with kids to play with them and teach them, then this job is right for you. You should understand that this first step of education is very important that is why you really have to do your job well. You will also need to have a lot of patience because you will be dealing with children whose age is from 2-6. To get this kind of job, you should have a special course or training that will make you fit to nurture a young mind. It is not enough to finish the primary teaching degree alone just to be a preschool teacher because this is one of the most crucial stages of a person’s development. Advanced and special courses may be required.

2. Middle school teacher – you can also have this job if you are able to finish a teaching degree. Your job description will include honing interpersonal skills of your students as well as socialization. But of course, your job will also require that you focus on the fundamentals of the basic subjects as well.

3. High school teacher – aside from the basic subjects, you will also focus on some extracurricular activities with your students because the children are slowly maturing now and they are quite aggressive in trying out new things.

4. College professor – with this job, it is not enough that you finish a teaching degree. The job will require you to take advance studies that will equip you with the skills needed to teach your students well in their chosen field, and how to apply their knowledge once they are out in the real world. Other than the mentioned jobs above, you may also want to check other jobs you can take once you have finished your teaching degree.

Other jobs suitable for a teaching degree graduate:
    • School administrator.
    • Librarian
    • Reading instructor
    • Developer for educational tools

But then, if you want to venture into clerical and other office jobs, you have a great chance also. Nowadays, what matters most is that the person was able to finish a four year course which means that he or she possesses self discipline and diligence which is a vital trait you should have in order to finish one course.

Teacher of course, tutor, principal, school board, special educator.

Quote Originally Posted by LinCo View Post
    I am planning to get my teaching degree as teaching is the career I would really like to follow and also teaching is one of the noblest professions in the whole world. Even in the smaller scale of perspective like in the United Kingdom, education graduates enjoy many teaching jobs that they can get. Education graduates teach both primary as well as secondary. With this, it is just so obvious that there is a great demand for graduates of education in the United Kingdom. But I am just curious if there are still some other jobs that education graduates with a teaching degree can do.
    Many valuable points have been discussed here. You might have got ample points. I would add something more. If you have ac quired adequate degree in teaching you could do research work on psychology of the children, teaching curriculum , Effective Teaching technology, conflict management, career guidance etc.
    Job Interview Questions and Answers

There is no doubt that teaching is one of the noblest professions in the world. And I think you will find more opportunities in this field.

Teaching is a better profession, it helps to develop the education system and also provide us a better educated environment. It make a strong community, so while continuing a teaching degree you should simultaneously go for any other job that is similar to teaching; such as to be a faculty in any teaching institution.

Default Do more with your Teaching Degree?

Did you know that you could do more with your teaching degree? Like most degrees there are several other areas that as a licensed teacher you can work in other than a classroom. When I tell someone that I am going to school for Integrated Elementary and Special Education they automatically assume that I am going to school to be a teacher, which I likely will do, but what if I want to do more? What if I decide that I teaching isn’t for me or if I can’t find a teaching job right out of college? Are there other fields that I can be working in and still feel like I am using the $100,000 degree I am getting? The answer is yes.

There are many Government Agencies that also hire teachers: -Read here

Resume Writing Experts is offering services of writing a professional Resume & Cover letter according to your educational experiences. They will develop your linkedIn profile and distribute your resumes to potential employers.

Send your resume here for free assessment.

Thanks.

Thread Information