Default How To Become A Meteorologist

How can I go about getting into a career in meteorology? I live in Middlesex and have recently acquired some inheritance money. I have always been fascinated with meteorology. Predicting weather patterns and exploring the factors that influence them is something I believe I can do. My late father worked as a weatherman before and I remembered how much he enjoyed explaining weather patterns. I would like to take it a little further and actually enable myself to contribute scientific knowledge in the field instead of just reporting it. Unfortunately, I have no idea on how to begin. I do hope you can help me out. I think I have enough to get started but I do wish to know about working student options within the field. I am not worrying about money at the moment but I would like to know if being a meteorologist can sustain my lifestyle. I am pretty well versed in computer technology and have a bit of programming under my belt but what other sets of skills would I need? It would be great if you could also provide me with schools and establishments that offer courses, training, and apprenticeship options. Thank you. I really want to fulfill this dream of mine.

Hey Eduard

It's good that you seem rather interested in meteorology and atmospheric science. Check with Middlesex University first, though I really don't think they offer it there. I dated this girl once from Reading and she told me about their University. Looks like Reading has a great meteorology program, so you might want to check that out. Try to look at the one in Edinburgh also. Math is a good start but you're going to need lots of physics in order to make it in this field. Your computer know-how will serve you well so continue working on that.

Good luck mate!

Atmospheric science is about studying factors that affect the environment such as the changes in the Earth's physical characteristics. As a meteorologist, also called an atmospheric scientist, you are responsible for forecasting the weather, identifying changes in climate and weather patterns. This means that people depend on you for weather knowledge such as tomorrow's temperatures and emergency situations, such as when hurricanes or tornadoes are occurring. However, before you can begin forecasting weather, you should know how to become a meteorologist.

Check out the Steps: Steps

Send your resume here for free assessment.
    Thanks.

Thread Information