Default How To Become A Music Producer

I want to know how to become a music producer. I have always been an informal music critic. I am pretty well versed in classical music because my grandfather was an orchestra composer and I can play a variety of instruments. The problem is that I am not that talented in the playing department, but I am a visionary in recognizing musical talent. I have had friends who were in to bands and they always came to me for advice on how to better get the sound they desired. I can always tell which piece would be a hit with the crowd, and which will fail. My music background aids me in identifying which technical portions of a work need modifying and improving. What I wanted to ask is how to I go about being a music producer? I do not know if there are any courses or something like that that can prepare me, but if there is, could you tell me how to get them? I want to start off small, maybe directing the musical direction of a couple of my friends’ bands, but I am quite at a loss on how to go about it. Any help in this matter would sure be awesome.

Three C's of the music industry, Contacts, Cash and Credibility. You have to be known as someone who knows what he/she is talking about. You have to have enough money to back up your talk and you have to know the right people to make the most out of your efforts. Schmooze with the bigwigs, get to know the club owners, radio and tv people, other music producers and the artists. And establish yourself as someone who has the capacity and the taste to recognize and promote good music. Go to business school to learn about the ins and outs of managing a business.
    Drifting in the sea of life

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I want to know how to become a music producer. I have always been an informal music critic. I am pretty well versed in classical music because my grandfather was an orchestra composer and I can play a variety of instruments. The problem is that I am not that talented in the playing department, but I am a visionary in recognizing musical talent. I have had friends who were in to bands and they always came to me for advice on how to better get the sound they desired. I can always tell which piece would be a hit with the crowd, and which will fail. My music background aids me in identifying which technical portions of a work need modifying and improving. What I wanted to ask is how to I go about being a music producer? I do not know if there are any courses or something like that that can prepare me, but if there is, could you tell me how to get them? I want to start off small, maybe directing the musical direction of a couple of my friends’ bands, but I am quite at a loss on how to go about it. Any help in this matter would sure be awesome.
    You need not be talented in music playing department but you need a sound critical thinking and mark out.

You may browse the following link
    London School of Sound Certification

You may find here the contact details. Its an eight modules diploma course that lasts for two years. Each module can be covered up within 16 weeks. Then side by side you may produce Video or Youtube presentation.

Good luck!
    Job Interview Questions and Answers

To become a music producer it would not hurt to get a degree in music production and then set up your own studio. You could also offer sound advice on writing songs, choice of instrumentation and also arrangements and so on. Starting with your friends bands is certainly a good idea and then you just work your way up form there.

Cool. I didn't know there are some colleges that offers degree in music production. Anyway, if you want you can start right now in the internet like most producers now are doing. Thanks to the internet, you will notice that lots of people are now actually producing beats, tunes and good songs and selling them from producers who then markets that song they got. It's a very fair way for you to learn your way on becomng a professional music producer.

I's start up by creating your own small music production company that focuses on indie singers etc.. to get started. Then you can start looking for bigger more talented artists out there. It's a lot easier to do it within a small company than to handle everything yourself, so I'd go down that route.

There is a always a high demand for music producers, especially from indie artists who want their songs to be shown to the world. You should try specialize in a certain area. You can set up a website for your services, and contact bands and singers asking if they would like to discuss any music production deals. You need to know which types of songs would sell well, and also have to look at it from a business point of view.
    We fix hacked WordPress site in a snap! - Wordpress Malware Removal - Hacked Wordpress Site

Do you have a different vision for the songs you hear on the radio? Have you ever dreamed of seeing your masterpiece hit the top ten? Read on to see how to become a music producer.

Learn an instrument:

You don't have to be a virtuoso to be a music producer, but training your ear and learning musical theory will hugely benefit your career. You should also try to compose your own songs, master tempos, or perhaps even learn to play from sheet music; understanding music from the other side of the soundboard will make you much better equipped to hear its full potential.

Know the Basics

Whenever you will try to wrote your resume you need to consult with Resume Expert for making your resume best to get a contract of music. Thanks

Learn an instrument. You don't have to be a virtuoso to be a music producer, but training your ear and learning musical theory will hugely benefit your career. You should also try to compose your own songs, master tempos, or perhaps even learn to play from sheet music; understanding music from the other side of the soundboard will make you much better equipped to hear its full potential. Consider these basic instruments:

Piano/Keyboard. Probably the most versatile instrument for a producer, being able to noodle on the piano is huge. Whether you're just trying to work out a concept or want a particular phrase recorded, a piano is almost indispensable,not only for the melody itself, but also for its flexibility in live scenarios !

Guitar. Learning the guitar will help you easily flesh out chords and immediately become relevant to rock and popular music.

Bass. Underrated but essential, the bass will help you lead the rhythm section and create a solid foundation for your productions.]

Thread Information