Default How To Sell And Become A Car Salesman

My uncle recently passed away and I since I was the only adult around, I was forced to help my aunt run their car dealership. The thing is I don't really know much about cars, selling them and being a car salesman. How do I sell these things and become a great car salesman? Prior to this, I worked as a freelance writer and a crossword maker, two jobs that really did not encourage interpersonal skills. I've never been gregarious, never been interested in influencing people and have never, to my memory, actually sold anything to anybody. Can you help me turn myself around and actually have the skills needed to help my aunt out? I'm currently learning car speak, you know, things like camshafts, gearboxes, clutches and all those other jargon. This part is easy for someone like me. But my problem is how to actually to engage a person and influence him or her to purchase a second-hand car. I have to know how to read signs, how to apply the right amount of pressure, how to entice, cajole and otherwise manipulate customers to buy a car at a profitable price. Please help me out, I can probably offer you a discount if you do. No promises though. Thanks

I don't think you need any certification for that job, the only thing is need you need to know about cars their prices, features and some skills for people interactions and relationship. There is no courses available for these things but an get some good study material online on the internet. Here we have some points which you need to prepare.

1. Get the details of all cars which you have or selling.
    2. Make a list of all features and prices of these cars.
    3. Look for the people and post your advertisement into the local classified.
    4. Communicate with people and try to convene them with your opinion.

When you're selling whether it's a car a house or anything at all the most important thing that you'll have to learn is building a good rapport with your client who ever it is. As for approaching one, you can say it's a lot similar to having your first attempt to have a good conversation with a girl. Whatever it is you're going to say it always boils down on whether she likes you or not and it's best that you just ask for it quick instead of prolonging your torture.

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to share.

Most people who become car dealers are naturally gifted salesmen. If you can sell something to someone, you likely qualify for this job. You will need to know enough about automotives as well.

The average car salesperson doesn't make very much money. That is always something you must keep in mind. The dealership owner is the one that makes the big bucks. I think you only make 5% of the car's total price when you sell it.
    VelvetJobs is the leading innovator in career transition, outplacement and employer branding. Millions of professionals have used VelvetJobs that offers career tools and services, curated a selection of jobs from leading companies, resume help and career advice.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetJobs View Post
    The average car salesperson doesn't make very much money. That is always something you must keep in mind. The dealership owner is the one that makes the big bucks. I think you only make 5% of the car's total price when you sell it.
    I think it is closer to 10% but it still isn't a lot considering they tend to only sell 3 cars on average a month and most are used or older models.
    Chirii Romani in UK. Anunturi cu camere, studio flat-uri si case de inchiriat pentru romanii din Anglia si Marea Britanie. Chirie si cazare ieftina, cu sau fara depozit.

Locuri de munca in Londra, UK. Anunturi cu joburi in constructii, hoteluri, restaurante, fabrici, depozite, ospatari, soferi, cameriste, ingrijire batrani pentru romanii din Anglia, Marea Britanie

Thread Information