Default How To Become A Plumber?

Greetings. I hope you can help me become a plumber. I was a white collar worker in a prestigious firm before the economy took a turn for the worst and I am now currently jobless. In my youth, I knew this neighbour who taught me the basics of taking care of pipes and stuff. I have seen several offers both online and in print about quick plumber courses that can get me an income immediately. Are those any good? I have always gathered that a plumber is a skill-based job, hence mastery of it requires years of experience and a wide client base. I am currently meeting the plumbing needs of my relatives and neighbours, and though I still make mistakes, I do an overall good job. I was wondering what I need to do to advance in this new career and what it takes to reach "journeyman" or even "master" status. Are there really any legitimate institutions or organizations whose certifications carry weight during job applications? What would I need to do to be recognized by these? Should I avail myself of these short plumbing courses? Please help me out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    Greetings. I hope you can help me become a plumber. I was a white collar worker in a prestigious firm before the economy took a turn for the worst and I am now currently jobless. In my youth, I knew this neighbour who taught me the basics of taking care of pipes and stuff. I have seen several offers both online and in print about quick plumber courses that can get me an income immediately. Are those any good? I have always gathered that a plumber is a skill-based job, hence mastery of it requires years of experience and a wide client base. I am currently meeting the plumbing needs of my relatives and neighbours, and though I still make mistakes, I do an overall good job. I was wondering what I need to do to advance in this new career and what it takes to reach "journeyman" or even "master" status. Are there really any legitimate institutions or organizations whose certifications carry weight during job applications? What would I need to do to be recognized by these? Should I avail myself of these short plumbing courses? Please help me out. Thanks!
    It is ideal that you do at least a short-term vocational course. You may browse this link: for Distance Learning Vocational course:

How to Become a Plumber
    Job Interview Questions and Answers

I think you should search for this: How to become a Plumber | Plumbers Directory

I think that the best way to become a plumber is to become a plumber apprentice. It would still take you 2-3 years before you become a qualified plumber but you are at least working all that time and you can learn the trade first hand and meet other people in this business and establish useful contact. And the best part is that you do not need to fulfil any entry requirements to become a plumber apprentice.

For your question about the certificates that you need, I think that the main one is the Gas Safe Register for gas safety ACS to be able to work with boilers and so on.

Also look here to find plumbing training courses.
    hvaccertification-training.com - How To Become HVAC Certified

If you want to become a plumber I definitely recommend becoming apprenticing to a plumber. The great thing about becoming an apprentice is that while you're learning and being trained you're actually making money!

I'd contact some local plumbing companies or your local PTEU (Plumber Trades Employees Union) for information on becoming an apprentice.

Good luck!

You will definitely need to become a plumber apprentice, if you are looking to become a plumber.

As a plumber, you may earn a lot of money.

If you are passionate about plumbing, go for it.

If you’re interested in how to become a plumber, you’re not alone. The plumbing trades are extremely popular these days, even in a slow moving economy such as ours. The key is preparing yourself as early in the process as possible so that you are able to get a good plumbing apprenticeship.

Let’s take a look at the steps you will need to take in order to become eligible for plumbing apprenticeships in your state. Keep in mind, every state may have different requirements, but the majority will follow these general rules…

How To Become A Plumber | 4 Steps To Success

Free Resume Assessment
    Cheap Resume Writing Services

In order to become a plumber first of all you must know all the basics so that it would be more helpful for you, as you said you know the basic we must to join a plumber course which will help you a good job for you after you know the rest of things.

You need hands on training and certification before you can become one legally on your own. It can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    You need hands on training and certification before you can become one legally on your own. It can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.
    This sums it up here. Check your area for options on how to become certified and what you need to get to in order to do so.
    You are going to need to expect to pay for training. This is a specialty trade where you will always need certification.

Thread Information