Default Jobs In The Security Industry

I am interested in the job in the security industry. What are the requirements for working is the security industry in the UK?

I think just as anywhere else, you would need a certificate to be able to work as a security guard, and for that, you would need to do a course, which will cost you a bit of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I am interested in the job in the security industry. What are the requirements for working is the security industry in the UK?
    There are a lot of job opportunities in the security industry, but in order to work in the security industry, you do need a Security Industry Authority License. The SIA requires all security industry staff to get SIA licensed and this goes for all employees and contractors that are responsible for things like guarding money and valuables in transit, door supervisors, CCTV operators, close protection people, and of course securiy officers. So bacically, if your job involves protecting something or someone or guarding something then you are going to need to get an SIA license. To apply for your licence go to SIA website: https://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pa...-applying.aspx

Forgot to mention, you do need a relevant qualification first before you can apply for your license, so basically you need to take a training course first and then you apply. So read this first, what training you need and other requirements to work in security industry: https://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/pa...ng-before.aspx

I wouldn't bother getting a job in the security industry anymore. It may have been the case years ago that the money was good working in the security but not anymore. It is mostly minimum pay. I used to do door work 15 years ago all over London and the pay was £10 pounds in the hour or bit more, depending on the places you worked. Now, 15 years later, the pay is still £10 an hour. Doesn't make any sense, who would work on the doors for that sort of money. All the prices have quadrupled so the minimum should be now 20 pounds an hour.

Average security jobs don't pay much and there is hardly any room for advancement. From what I heard, they are even considered underpaid. Unless you know where you can get your foot in the door and be earning a good salary, I would try something else first.

Entry level security jobs will get you decent pay but not nothing to build a life on. Like mentioned above as well, there isn't really anywhere to advance to so you won't see many raises.
    Chirii Romani in UK. Anunturi cu camere, studio flat-uri si case de inchiriat pentru romanii din Anglia si Marea Britanie. Chirie si cazare ieftina, cu sau fara depozit.

Locuri de munca in Londra, UK. Anunturi cu joburi in constructii, hoteluri, restaurante, fabrici, depozite, ospatari, soferi, cameriste, ingrijire batrani pentru romanii din Anglia, Marea Britanie

Thread Information