Default Is It Worth Publishing On Amazon?

I have an idea for a short story. I started writing it and in total it will be around 45,000 words give or take. I have never actually looked into Amazon Publishing until someone mentioned it to me last week. My question is, for a short story - is it worth publishing it on there? I seen a lot of books which seem to not sell very well. Not sure if I should try or not.

Just go for it and try it out. Amazon has an awesome platform for e-books and even if you offer your work for £1-£2, if 10k people buy it, you already made a good chunk of money.

I agree that you should try it out. I mean you never know what will happen, I also think that it's free right? Plus, if the book is cheap, more people are likely to buy it.

I'm glad that you even counted the words of your story (you said it's around 45,000); I often used to use a free word counter to do so.

Yes, I think you should try at least once. Jonzz and danyell are right!

Wish you good luck with your book!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzz View Post
    Just go for it and try it out. Amazon has an awesome platform for e-books and even if you offer your work for £1-£2, if 10k people buy it, you already made a good chunk of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyell View Post
    I agree that you should try it out. I mean you never know what will happen, I also think that it's free right? Plus, if the book is cheap, more people are likely to buy it.
    You're all right! Thank you for your information (details) about it! I think I should try it too, in the future.

Yes and no. If you have a platform to host it on and bring attention to your book, it will be worth it. If you don't, it likely will sell very little if at all. Invest in a blog of the same niche first and use that traffic to back your book.

Thread Information