Default Personal Trainer - Small Business

I am going to qualify as a personal trainer in a few months. Rather than work in a gym for pittance I would like to start my own small business. I would like to hear from other Personal Trainers on how they started out and the methods they use to advertise for clients. Another question I have is where do you train your client’s? If your client’s belong to different gyms then surely it is not cost effective to join many different gyms. I know some training can be done in a client’s home or the park, but if the home is too small and the weather is cold the gym is the best place. Or, do you just join one gym and pluck clients from there?

Thanks Glen

I am not personal trainer but I would think that having a good website would be the first step. Also I know lot of gyms will give you discount or even free pass if you bring new members in. And as with any other business, if you are good then word will get around and people will recommend you to their friends and work colleagues and you will be busy before you know it. Just keep your rate low at the beginning and once you have more clients and you can pick and choose then you can start increasing your rates as well.

Thanks for sharing.

I am not a personal trainer, but I think it is better to work in a gym in order to get experience.

You can always launch your own small business once you get experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
    I am not a personal trainer, but I think it is better to work in a gym in order to get experience.

You can always launch your own small business once you get experienced.
    Yes, I agree with it! The expierience is the most important think once you want to train people.

useful info for me, tks!

Thread Information