Thread: Research Jobs

Default Research Jobs

Hi, I'd like to get into some kind of job involving the investigation of interesting topics. I like finding out about things. In other words, I want a job in which you're constantly learning and discovering how things work.

I'm not too "up" on the details of this. I'd go for literally anything involving research, not necessarily in my area of study.

I've got a degree in politics and a masters in Latin American Studies, but no knowledge of social science-type research methods, since both degrees were in the Arts. I also have very little experience, having spent years working in subsistence jobs and TEFL teaching, and I'm getting on a bit (30).

So, my questions are:

What kinds of research jobs are there and where are they?
    Is it worth getting further qualifications in methodology?
    Are there research jobs in universities or do I have to sign up for an MPhil/Phd?

Thanks!

Research is ever evolving field and new technologies and new advances continually open new research opportunities and avenues. But research is such a wide area, researchers are needed in education, in business, social sciences, in a field of psychology, sociology, economy and of course there is medical researchers and so on. Because of your politics degree may I suggest something like MP’s researcher or Think-tanks.
    Euro trains travel from Ebbsfleet to Paris and Europe. Drive and park at Ebbsfleet for trains from the UK to international locations in Europe, such as France, Belgium, Netherlands and many sunny holiday destinations across Europe Ebbsfleet Europe - Ebbsfleet Local Directory

Were you able to find a job? If so, how are you enjoying it?

Default opinion

Hello Hipsteroid,
    Research career takes you in to different paths including medicine, biology, chemistry as well as politics and computers. Research jobs in physical and life sciences include biological and medical scientist, who conduct research to develop new drugs and medical treatments.

Default What Types of Jobs Are There for Research Oriented Personalities?

Those who define themselves as having a research-oriented personality and who want to evaluate career options will find that research, overall, offers a dazzling array of different types of careers implemented across a wide range of industries. Fore more info Research Oriented Personalities

The Personal Statements organization writes some of the best personal statement examples available to regular students. There are good reasons for this. Most personal statement examples aren't actually completed by professional authors. That might be seen as strange, since a personal statement sample is more or less a road map to success. They illustrate the correct way the job is done. In fact, each individually written piece is unique. That means that no one has to worry about plagiarism or copyright infringement.

This is a rare opportunity for an exceptional candidate to transform a relatively small centre for educational research and doctoral study into a vibrant collegiate hub of teaching and research.
    All jobs from: UNIVERSITY OF LINCOLN

Thread Information