Default Phlebotomist Training Course To Learn How To Take Blood

I have been looking for different job options available for me, unfortunately not that many, but I have heard that Phlebotomist are in very high demand in many hospitals across the country, also Phlebotomist are needed in private sector and in military. Phlebotomy is something I think I would like to do. Can someone please advise me about Phlebotomist Training Course, how much the training cost, how long is the course and do I have to have medical background and some qualifications and experience before I can take the course. And also, how much Phlebotomist get paid in NHS and working in the private sector. Thank you in advance who could help.

I might be wrong but I thought that to become a Phlebotomist you have to get some type of medical degree or it also could go under nursing. But I could be wrong so if someone has more information about it would be interesting to know.

I think this is a course all on its own also. Of course, it may be part of a nurse or doctor program, but I think the job of Phlebotomist is a good one. I am sorry, I dont know anything about the training really.

Well if you are after specialization you may have to get a 2 year course for that matter. Then afterwards you can apply for hospitals or even have your own clinic and offer numerous services like blood letting, sampling and others this type of services related to it.

Hi Karen. I was also looking for phlebotomy courses in the UK once. For some reason, finding relative information online wasn't that easy. However, i did find some useful websites during my search; they may be of some use to you as well.

The first one I found is actually US oriented but hosts a good deal of information and resources that I felt was worth saving in case I was to start a career in phlebotomy in the UK (which I didn't though). If you feel like it, take a look at: Phlebotomy Training Group – Start Your Career as a Phlebotomist.

I had also bookmarked this one: phlebotomy.org. It's the UK's National Association of Phlebotomists and you can find a "how to become a phlebotomist" section there. My intention was to give them a call, ask for information and take it from there. Maybe, you can do the same.

I hope this helps!

Last i heard is that their salary is about 30k on averega high, but it can change depending on continuing education and training. I should also add that there are online certifications programs and exams phlebotomycertificationclass.com/ but you can only do them if you've passed the training course.

Thread Information