Exclamation Wannabe Bicycle Engineer!!!

hey,

I was wondering what A-levels I should take to be cycle engineer, I am about to start year 11 and the subject of A-levels has obviously arrisen. I am very good at maths, science (physics specifically), english and above average in everything else (apart from history, but I don't think that is very important for my career interest); I also have a passion for mountain biking. basically can you shoot some ideas and advice for A-level choices and university courses (if you can) that could point me in the right direction for my goal.

Thanks,

James

Bicycle engineering will fall under mechanical engineering that will cover things like structure and strength of materials, physics, dynamics, deformable solids, heat transfer, statics, geometrical accuracy, weldment, vibration and so on. So for A-Levels you should definitely take Maths and Future Maths and also Physics and Chemistry.

There is an interesting article in bikeradar.com with Dave Weagle who seems to be one of the most important designers and bike engineer in the mountain bike world. It is interesting article to read if you are interested in this sort of stuff: Interview: Mountain Bike Engineering Guru Dave Weagle - BikeRadar

The AASHTO develops and publishes design standards and guidelines for such things as bridges, highways, urban roads and other transportation structures. One of its documents is, "Guide For Development of New Bicycle Facilities." This document is frequently referred to as "AASHTO". A more comprehensive AASHTO document is the "Green Book". It is the bible for road design, except it omits standards for bicycle friendly roadways. It is currently being revised to include more of a bicycle-friendly message.

Glossary of Bicycle Engineering Terms
    Visit the website for more details Our Cheap Resume Writing Service | Cheap Resume Writing Services

Thread Information