Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Career in IT.

Default Career in IT.

Hi I'm looking for some advice, I'm looking for a complete career change into IT eventually ,but don't know where to start. I only use computers for basic personal use but would like to start learning more so in the future I could possibly look for a job in this thriving sector. Been searching online but I'm confused at where to start course wise, computers for beginners? That just seems to be turning them on and checking email which i can do, does anyone have any recommendations, or can point me in the right direction where I should start??

Well there are sites like Lynda.com that can help you decide what type of job in IT you might want to follow? Are you any good at maths or anything? If so, then you might find it easier to break into programming.

Thanks mate, I will check it as well.

There is lots of scope in IT sector, which is impossible in other sectors. In IT sector, you can get good knowledge with attractive salary.

I think doing some standard computer course can help you a lot in grabbing some good job opportunities in this field. You need to choose a right field according to your interest.

Default IT Industry

IT industry is very growing industry in world so learn programming languages and grow yourself in this field.

There are many opportunities in IT field and with very attractive salaries. As you are beginner, I think you should start with C language.

I think future is very bright in IT and Marketing fields. Now you can get many types of jobs in Australia. The insideTrak will helps to for search job in Australia. So apply for Marketing jobs from insidetrak.

Default Code

Many options, not just programming. My advice is to ask as many different people as possible as many work in IT. Business side is probably better although good soft skills required. avoid C++ and java coding in my opinion.

Hi
    According to me, studying some standard IT course can help you a lot in grabbing some awesome job opportunities in this field. You require opt a right field according to your interest. My suggestion is to request as various different people as possible as many work in IT.

IT field is now have become very wide and innovative. Let me tell you one thing that this field is also very competitive too so you will have to face very competition too so look for it too. You can try some web developing diplomas and if you like creativity then graphic designing would be your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vimpy View Post
    IT field is now have become very wide and innovative. Let me tell you one thing that this field is also very competitive too so you will have to face very competition too so look for it too. You can try some web developing diplomas and if you like creativity then graphic designing would be your thing.
    Hope this was helpful.

Thanks for everybodys replys, I am contemplating resiting my gcse in maths as i left school without one, although i understand gcse's dont really count for much nowadays the thinking is to re stimulate my brain, and by hopefully passing with a good grade would help me getting on further courses and give me a foot up in understanding computers a bit better, of course i will be looking at some computer courses to run along side, any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.....

Hi you may want to see whats the best career path for you first. Sometimes the best path is to get an entry level Tech support even call center job, then start taking courses tied to IT certifications that interest you for example: Networking, Security or DB management or software. Here's a free IT career path assessment at elearningplanner.com, gives you career advice and ties it to training. Hope this helps and good luck.

Lightbulb Reply

IT is very big field there are PC techies, network administrator, graphic designer, webmaster, record producer. So first you have to choose a right field according to your interest. Do some course on that technology and after look into professional certifications. After this you can apply for internships at reputable companies or you can contact professional IT Recruitment Agencies London they will help you to get a job in IT.

Definitely IT is very broad field but it depends on Market.

Default Career in IT

If in case you are interested in coding, designing and layout of the websites, and then pursue a short term course from reputed institute. This will help in instilling required skills and aptitude required for the job.

I believe there are tons of great jobs in the IT sector, if you feel you have what it takes you should go for it.

Hi,

Whenever you are looking for a IT job, you need to make a good first impression on any employer. To do so, it is extremely important that you have a professionally written resume that outlines your capabilities, skills and experience in the best possible light. Usually, those applicants who submit a professional resume get an interview call within a few days in comparison with those who write their own! If you want to get employed as soon as possible, order a professional resume from Cheap Resume Writing Services!

I have found Cheap Resume Writing Services as a good source that also offers Free Resume Critique.

Thanks.

Try learning first before trying making money online. Its not like clicking mouse and making money. You have to be dedicated to learn before earning.

Thread Information