Default Librarian Interview

I am being interviewed for a job as a librarian. Has anyone done this before, and are there any specific questions that you think I might be asked, and are there any certain skills I should be emphasizing ?

Default Sample Interview Questions for Librarians and Information Professionals

Look no further. There is a list of detailed sample interview questions for librarians. I hope that helps.

Sample Interview Questions for Librarians

Get a book from huge library.

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPotato View Post
    I am being interviewed for a job as a librarian. Has anyone done this before, and are there any specific questions that you think I might be asked, and are there any certain skills I should be emphasizing ?
    How did your interview go? Did you get offered the job?

Commonly Asked Library Interview Questions

101+ Commonly Asked Interview Questions – Questions from an Illinois Library Association conference session [retrieved from Archive.org]
    Frequently Asked Interview Questions – School of Library and Information Science, University of South Carolina
    Interview Questions – Indiana University Bloomington Libraries [retrieved from Archive.org]
    Sample Interview Questions [PDF] – from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Libraries. 10 pages of questions.
    Core Questions for Interviews – from Penn State University Libraries
    Blog posts tagged as “interview questions” from Hiring Librarians
    Top Ten Questions to Expect in a Job Interview – LIBGIG.com
    LIBREF-L Archives Search – Search the archives of this popular electronic discussion list. To bring up relevant postings, try searching for: interview questions. Focuses on library reference issues.

-source: Library Interview Questions | Mr. Library Dude

To prepare & feel more confident, go over your resume and be confident that your qualifications & how your school/work experience so far will translate into being able to handle the job. Get as much information as you can about the specific library system you are applying to (their website, local news articles) so you might know ahead of time some of the challenges and strengths, staff names, etc. Depending on the level of the position (is it head librarian, an assistant, or a clerk) think of how your particular strengths are relevant and if appropriate how you might improve operations. Be prepared to discuss your work or career goals, personal strengths and weaknesses. Keep in mind that you need to be assessing whether this position & work environment is a good fit for you, not just that you are trying to impress them.

Thread Information