Unhappy Help With Music Career

Please give me tips to be able to break into the music world. I have been playing guitar on and off since middle school and have been in 3 bands. My current band is quite good, a blend of modern rock with a classical metal feel. We have been getting good review on our gigs and numerous scouts have come and seen us, yet we still remain a relatively unknown band. I need help to get signed to a record deal asap. Our lack of success has made some of our members think of leaving. Our drummer, Clint, is even thinking of going back to the university and give up playing music for good. We have bills to pay and Rob, our bassist, has recently gotten married and is expecting his first child. We really need our band to succeed as soon as possible else we will be forced to break up. The band as it is is great and I do not know if we can make the same music with other members. I do hope you could help me in this matter. Can you give us tips to get scouts to get impressed with us? Any change in our activities that may help us increase our fanbase more and get more gigs?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Redford

I will say if your band is in to rock then keep playing gigs and take part in eliminations, you can travel different places countries to take participate in gigs and eliminations. Traveling will help you to know the taste of music across the world and you can change your band accordingly. If you are winning eliminations then no doubt your music is liked by people, so keep participating.

As you are already doing regular gigs and have attracted some interest from some music scouts I must say that you are doing better than some bands that have just started. But it can take some time to get know and noticed by the right people in the industry and it also takes some luck. As I understand, you are quite good at what you are doing, so to speed up the process and not only relay on luck alone there are few things I would suggest that you do: First you should start an active marketing campaign for your band. Get some photos and videos made that feature you playing at live gigs, establish the style of your group and make sure every member of the band looks presentable. Also make a press release whenever you have a live performance and also use social media to promote yourself. Also try to find an experience manager, that will help to make the process easier for you and you can concentrate on creating a good music and leave promoting to the manager.

The conventional means of becoming successful in your band career is to have lots of exposure with live gigs at bars and be discovered by any manager that will be interested in the genre of music you play. Now, you can either do that or post your gigs in the internet and social networking web sites for you to be recognized. Originality will be your best asset so always keep em coming for more with new music.

I think the way forward is the internet nowadays. Post your videos on youtube/vimeo or music networks to gain popularity. Then you may be discovered. But a better way of doing is to do that then call up small record companies and tell them about yourself and tell them about your videos, then you can succeed.

This is probably one of the most overcrowded industries at the moment, with so many singers wanting to make it big. You need to have a lot of talent to stand out from the crowd. Start by posting your videos on youtube or even try contacting small music production companies. You could also play your music at locals clubs and bars.
    We fix hacked WordPress site in a snap! - Wordpress Malware Removal - Hacked Wordpress Site

If you hold the belief that it is ‘wrong’ to try to make money with your musical talents, do not read any further…simply close this page now.

For those of you who have decided to continue reading….welcome. Fact is, the majority of musicians want to have a career in music. However, these musicians also doubt their abilities to make good money in music, and fear that they will not be able to support themselves. Unfortunately, these people end up pursuing non-music jobs where they work full time and despise every time they go to clock in. This is all done out of the idea that a ‘normal job’ is safe and secure, while a music related career is highly risky with little security. This is one of the very most common misconceptions that I see ALL THE TIME while training musicians to succeed in their careers!

How To Make Your Music Career Highly Profitable And Sustainable
    Free Resume Assessment
    Cheap Resume Writing Services

If you want to get a career in music business, get a business degree. You'll save money and be more marketable. If you want to get a career in performance, find a good private teacher and perform. Think of what you could accomplish with investing $200K in yourself. You could study with basically anyone of your choosing, purchase the best equipment and market yourself and still not even get close to 200K

Thread Information