Thread: Film School

Default Film School

How much do you think attending film school impacts the odds of you landing in a job in the entertainment industry?

Attending to film school will certainly increase your chances of getting a job in entertainment industry, it will not guarantee any jobs but it will make it lot easier. It would also depend what you are planning to study in film school, is it Practical Filmmaking or Visual Effects and Animation or Digital Cinematography or something else?
    Earn Extra Supporting Artists and Charity

Make some extra money for Christmas - and discover a great way to add colour to your blog.

I've interviewed a lot of people and a lot of them actually say it doesn't help to land jobs at all. I think you are better off freelancing to be honest, and building up reputation, contacts and experience. You can certainly learn everything you learn at film school without going.

Film school is really good for networking and meeting like minded filmmakers and talented people like yourself who are all interested in the one thin: making a film. It's good when you come out of it as you have other contacts who you can make films with. I'd imagine some film studios would also see it as an advantage. But I think the person with the most talent is always going to the job in film, regardless of qualifications.

It all depends on what type of job you are wanting to get in the industry. Camera man, sound guy, director, actor? Generally speaking it won't make production companies regard you higher than another candidate. At the end of the day, it's all about who's got the most talent and who has the best reel to show for their works. Film school does have benefits though like other posters pointed out.
    Get Guaranteed Phone Contracts with No Hassle, No Fuss and No Quibble - 99% Approval

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bren View Post
    How much do you think attending film school impacts the odds of you landing in a job in the entertainment industry?
    When I worked in a post production facility in the media department I was involved in a conversation with an experienced visual effects artist and former camera man who was speaking to an intern about the subject. It seems it doesn't give you any massive advantage over others, most film jobs will want you to showcase your talents rather than your qualifications. I'd imagine it can't do any harm though.

Film school can benefit you in terms of meeting new connections, getting first hand experience with top notch equipment and learning from pros in the industry. The downside to it all is the cost however. You can still learn filmmaking without going to film school, loads of famous directors never went to film school and succeeded. It depends on how well you can learn on your own compared to being taught.
    We fix hacked WordPress site in a snap! - Wordpress Malware Removal - Hacked Wordpress Site

Default Every one is a filmmaker

tbh now a days every one is a competitive filmmaker holding 8-12 mega pixel camera in his her hands and making videos, which dont require any education. it all need passion and dedication to make a movie " professional movie " like james cameron type standards.

i my self a BS in media sciences and concluded that all it needs professional support, contacts and high level professional guidance to make a movie/drama/documentary or etc and then later let it on air for marketing purposes.

ITS VERY DIFFICULT FOR A GRADUATE STUDENT.

Scope in the field of film making

* Film industry is the probably the broadest and most creative field. In fact, film making field is highly competitive. There is much scope for film making. In order to be successful in film making field, one must be artistic with technical skills and ability to express ideas.

* There are many Film and Television Institutes to realize the dreams of people interested in film making industry. After successful completion of the course in film making institutes, you can find employment with Production Companies, Film Studios, Advertising Agencies, Government film making Department.
    Read more >> Scope of Scope in the field of film making
    Free Resume Assessment
    Cheap Resume Writing Services

Default filmy school

better option you choice career in actors so admission filmy school better.
    and your link improve and growth better your actors career..

Thread Information