Default Can You Be Too Old To Work With Computers?

It seems like the young kids know so much about computers and the Internet. Since they start so early in school it seems like they have a real advantage. Since most of us that are in our 30s and 40s have had to learn about it at an older age it seems like it might be difficult to get a job in that field. I would think that senior citizens would have a really hard time especially. But I guess you are never too old to learn.
    Isabella

I do not think age is a factor when it comes to working with computers.

Lots of old people actually can make lots of money from freelance works.

Why computers alone, there should not a limit of age to learn anything at any point of time in life. Even I saw computers for the first time at an age of 37 but now expert in one of the most sophisticated fields of databases.

Age can be a factor if you do not keep up with the new technology however if you keep up with all the new hardware and code ect then age should not be too much of a factor.
    Find email contacts for the Head of Sponsorship and the sponsorship manager and companies that sponsor events.

Age is never a factor when it comes to online money making. Whether you are 15 year old or 65 year old, you can always make money.

The media is fond of feel-good stories like the stockbroker who worked until he was 101, or the man who retired after 33 years -- from his second career. He was 98 and had been forced to leave his first job at the mandatory retirement age of 65.

But despite the aging of America, these "older old" workers are still the exception rather than the rule. The reality, says AARP strategic policy adviser Sara Rix, is that most people 75 and over are no longer in the workforce. They are not physically incapable of handling their jobs, she notes. Rather, their interests and needs change. Some leave the workforce voluntarily. Others face mandatory retirement rules.

And some, of course, fall victim to age discrimination. "It's pervasive," Rix says. "After 55 or 60, it's hard to find meaningful employment." So when should you really retire? How old is too old?

That's hard to say. Some industries and sectors are more hospitable to older workers. -Read more.....

Competition for employment can be intense – that is why you need an impressive cover letter and professional resume to increase your chances of getting an interview call!
    Visit the website for more details Our Cheap Resume Writing Service | Cheap Resume Writing Services
    Send your resume here for free resume assessment.

Thanks.

People use age as an excuse. Once saw a 67 year old IT developer

I'm an old computer tech and network administrator. My first certification was Windows NT 4.0 that I achieved at the ripe age of about 38. I decided that carpentry was getting too hard for my body, so I opted for the newer technology jobs. I really enjoyed learning about the hardware and I'm very good at the software aspect of it. Most people my age didn't really like computers when they first came out. They were afraid of breaking it. I found that I had a natural affinity with computers and that became my first love. Old or young, you really must do what you love!

I think that it really just comes down to how well you're able to use a computer. Yes, it might be harder to learn when you're older, but if you put in the time to learn about computers, then you can learn a lot and get just as good as the younger kids.

Yes, I do agree, never too old to learn computers. Even my grandma is on Facebook and everything, using I phone like there is no tomorrow. I am just waiting for het to start blogging now.

But despite the aging of America, these "older old" workers are still the exception rather than the rule. The reality, says AARP strategic policy adviser Sara Rix, is that most people 75 and over are no longer in the workforce. They are not physically incapable of handling their jobs best protein skimmer
, she notes. Rather, their interests and needs change. Some leave the workforce voluntarily. Others face mandatory retirement rules.

Thread Information