Default How To Become An International Aid Worker?

I want to know how to become an international aid worker? I am not running away form anything, it is just that I finished collage a year ago, been doing some low paid and meaningless jobs, there are no jobs about there for my qualifications so I thought I should do something interesting and worthwhile instead. I would like to hear for anybody who can give me some tips or share their experience. Thank You.

It sounds like a very meaningful job. Really, if you are all done with school you can apply for it. You need to find an organization you like and apply with them. One organization is the Peace Corps. Another one is Voluntary Service Overseas.

Good luck!

It would be awesome to become an international aid worker.....

Default opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucylucy View Post
    I want to know how to become an international aid worker? I am not running away form anything, it is just that I finished collage a year ago, been doing some low paid and meaningless jobs, there are no jobs about there for my qualifications so I thought I should do something interesting and worthwhile instead. I would like to hear for anybody who can give me some tips or share their experience. Thank You.
    Hi Lucylucy,
    Aid worker requires an ability to adopt to intensely challenging situations and withstand emotional strain. It is important to have skills, knowledge, or abilities that aid agencies need.

I've never done this, but I do admire those who have chosen to travel to perilous places and give their lives to help others in dire need. From what I've read, one should have a clear motivation for choosing this path. You should also have a set of skills that will be applicable to foreign aid work. This would be in the form of teaching, healthcare, engineering, management, IT professionals, and accountants, among others. You need to have something very specific to offer and be highly skilled. As for finding an organization, there is a vast number of nonprofits easily located by searching the internet. The Peace Corps, for example, explains how to apply right on their website, along with an application.

United Nations aid workers perform a variety of tasks in many of the poorest and most dangerous parts of the world, from distributing vaccines in southern Africa to building houses in Afghanistan. Aid work involves intensive engagement with foreign communities and exposure to hardship and, often, physical danger. There is no set path to become an aid worker for the UN; field positions within the organization are ranked from FS-1 to FS-7 in order of the experience needed, and each position requires its own combination of skills. In general though, it takes a lot of networking skills and years of dedication to secure an international position in the field.

How to Become an Aid Worker for the UN

If you want to get employed as soon as possible, order a professional resume from Cheap Resume Writing Services! Send your resume here for free assessment.

Thanks.

Default How To Become An International Aid Worker?

It is challenging work of International Aid Worker. You should have to tie up with good organization work in that field. It is helpful for your job.

Thread Information