Default How To Get Into The Circus

I'd like to become a circus performer, but it seems so difficult without any prior experience. I've always loved to perform and entertain people, but unfortunately I have no paid job experience doing it. I know I can do certain things as a street performer, but it's just not very consistent money. Does anyone know of any steps I can take to get into the industry? Should I start doing a gig as a magician or clown for birthday parties to get some experience? Is there any way I can jump right into the industry?

I think that taking gigs birthday gigs such as clowns and magicians would be a great way to get some recommendations and start to become known as an entertainer.

I feel that if you can showcase experience in entertainment on a resume; you'd be a shoe-in for the job.

I'm a musician, and I've been searching for a job in entertainment; and I've actually seen a lot of circus-type jobs posted on job boards lately actually.

During interviews you should smile a lot, be lively, be presentable, and show a lot of character.

Not just anyone can go and join the circus and become an acrobat or trapeze artist. You need to have a specific talent, the right body type and be very determined. Philippa's road to circus stardom started when she was five years old. "I did musical theatre and ballet and all kinds of music, singing, acting and everything to hone my craft," says Philippa, who also trained in rhythmic gymnastics for years. "When I was 11, I knew I wanted to be a performer, so I went for it.

Read more: Becoming a Circus Performer | Acrobat | Trapeze Artist | Clown | Circus Jobs | Cirque du Soleil | Job Info | Training | Perform

Anyhow every field of study need to built a resume which is performing a role of key tool to communicate with hiring authority i would recommend you to contact Resume Experts before applying. thanks !!!

I don't think this is something you just get in to. It is not a profession that is very common today so people they take on are usually gifted or talented in something a circus requires.
    Chirii Romani in UK. Anunturi cu camere, studio flat-uri si case de inchiriat pentru romanii din Anglia si Marea Britanie. Chirie si cazare ieftina, cu sau fara depozit.

Locuri de munca in Londra, UK. Anunturi cu joburi in constructii, hoteluri, restaurante, fabrici, depozite, ospatari, soferi, cameriste, ingrijire batrani pentru romanii din Anglia, Marea Britanie

I have not heard of anyone asking this before and I am quite interested in the topic! If anyone has experience getting hired into a circus and working for one, I would love to know the process myself

Quote Originally Posted by BPC View Post
    I have not heard of anyone asking this before and I am quite interested in the topic! If anyone has experience getting hired into a circus and working for one, I would love to know the process myself
    Same here! It actually put a smile on my face as I used to love and be fascinated with the circus as a child. It was something I never got to see much as they didn't come to my area all that often.
    Yhao, not only a professional knitting manufacturer but also a famous for wholesale socks, founded in China in 2004. Yhao symbolizes luck, “Meet Yhao, Meet Your Happiness” is Yhao’s beautiful blessing to everyone.

Having 13+ years of experience as a custom sock manufacturer, serving global knitting importers and brands, our knitting socks factory is specialized in manufacturing printed men sock, women socks, kids socks, sports socks, ankle socks, tube socks, knee high socks, boot socks, dress socks, compression socks, yoga socks, diabetic socks, touchscreen gloves, warm winter gloves, work safety gloves, knit scarf, beanie hats, etc.

Thread Information