Default I Would Like To Find A Job Fishing

Hello everyone. I come here for tips on how to start a career doing something I love - Fishing! The problem is, I'm having trouble brainstorming ideas on how I can make this into a career. Sure there are fishing shows on television, but I don't think I could possibly get into that field. It would be cool to become a commercial fisherman, but I'm not sure how to do that. Can anyone provide me with any tips or recommendations on how I can make this happen? Do you think it would be feasible to just buy a boat, get a license, and try to sell my catches to local restaurants?

Thanks.

Expect to work long hours in hazardous conditions. You may also have some days where you can't seem to catch anything, and some days where you'll have more fish than you know what to do with. You'll also have to spend a lot of time away from home.

In many parts of the world you'll need to get commercial fishing training, and you'll need to pass tests to get a commercial fishing license.

If you could let me know where you live perhaps I could be of more help.

You have made a good career choice. There are many opportunities to get started in the fishing industry, there are over 6 thousand registered fishing boats in the UK, providing more than 12 thousand full and part-time job opportunities. These fishing boats range in size from less than seven metres in length fishing single-handed, to factory vessels exceeding 50 metres in length and manned by crews of over 30 people and typical 20 metre vessel will have a crew of five or six men. So as you can see there are lot of people working in that industry, so don’t give up.
    It is always good to take a break

New entrant fishermen must attend basic safety training in sea survival, fire fighting, first aid and health & safety.

Sea Survival training must be completed before going to sea for the first time; the other three courses must be completed within two months.

For those wanting to start a career in fishing, the Seafish Introduction to Commercial Fishing course and the Maritime Skills Alliance's Sea Fishing Apprenticeship programme provide a solid foundation for training new entrants to become competent deckhands and potentially progress to higher levels.

The majority of the practical experience needed to become a commercial fisherman takes place on the job. Many people entering this profession work as deck hands at first, providing them with the chance to observe the basics of the trade, then slowly take on additional responsibilities as they develop a familiarity with the equipment, methods, and working environment inherent in the work. This is also an excellent opportunity to determine if a commercial fisherman job is really what the individual wants without making a major investment of time and resources into the task.

Thread Information