Hi, I'm a 28 year old male, based in London and I'm looking for some advice for my next step in my career. My background is in film production, I freelanced for over 4 years, since 2008. I went to University and achieved a 2:1 honours degree in Professional Broadcast Techniques.

I was mostly working as an editor, sat in front of a computer for hours every day and last year I decided I wanted to work in a more interactive role with people. I've always been interested in the human-mind and condition from my own experiences and self-development so I opted to return to University and started a post-graduate MSc conversion course in Psychology. I did the first few months of the course and passed my first exams but due to financial problems, I deferred the course and found some work through an agency as a teaching assistant at Primary Schools. This has now progressed and I became a one-to-one learning support worker for a few children with behavioural and emotional difficulties. I've now been at the same school since April this year, working specifically with a key-stage one child.

For the first time in my life, I feel like I've found the kind of work I want to do, I love my job, especially working with kids and I'm very good at what I do, the child is very challenging but I've stayed with him, shown him consistency and he is steadily showing positive signs of improvement. I've also fitted into the school well, occasionally working in other classes, also doing football coaching at lunch-times and managing the behaviour there. Ultimately, I've discovered that my priority is to work with children, especially primary age.

The money for this work isn't great and though I enjoy it, I believe I need move on at the end of this school year. One option is to train to become a teacher, lots of people have suggested I would be good at it and I believe I would too but I'm curious as to what other roles I could consider.

Ultimately, I think I'd like to finish my psychology degree and become an educational psychologist but that's further down the line. For now, I want to take an affordable, logical next step, so I'm looking for some advice to see what my options are.

Also, having worked at schools for a while and with some friends and family who are teachers, a lot of them have suggested I would be very good at it but in all honesty a lot of teachers I speak to are fed up with the pressures and work-load in their jobs, this obviously doesn't appeal to me, though at the same time, I realise like any job, it has its ups and downs.

With that brief over-view of me, I'm looking for some advice and was hoping you guys could help.

Thank you.