Default Which Online Mental Health Qualifications Are Preferred By Employers?

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice. I am currently working as a mental health support worker but am interested in studying for a qualification to gain more in depth knowledge in this area.

There are many online qualifications available and I am interested in doing a level 4 course in mental health and psychiatry. This course is accredited with NCFE's investing in Quality Licence which gives formal recognition to an organisation's bespoke courses that fall outside the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF), however it is not accredited as a qualification as such more of a formal recognition of training.

The alternative is a level 3 City and Guilds course which is accredited by NCFE and meets QCF guidelines. Does anyone have any advice on whether employers would prefer you to have an accredited and more in depth qualification at a lower level or a higher level (more difficult) qualification which meets the National Qualifications framework but not the Qualification and Credit framework?

I understand that QCF courses are preferred in terms of obtaining credits in order to study at a higher level, but from an employers point of view are they necessarily superior?

Any advice gratefully received! Thanks!

I think it would depend on where you eventually want to work. Some careers would need a more in-depth level, while others wouldn't. What jobs are you interested in? And what do they require?

Thread Information