Default Want To Be An Artists

My goal has always wanted to be artists, I've done in school khusu training to develop my talents, but my mother did not approve of me to be artist. I'm so confused with this problem, what should I do, if I had to obey my mother or me to pursue my ideals, I hope my friends all want to solve or give me a solution for this problem

I think you should do what ever you’re heart says, besides if you choose to go to school for what your mother told you that will lead you to fail your studies and you know why? Cause it's not what you want to do, unlike if you want the things or dream you want to achieve you will going to give all your best in it. All your life you’re going to regret for what you did if you choose to do what other people tell you rather than than do the things you really wanted to do.

The truth of the matter is that becoming a professional artist has very little to do with artistic ability: The transition is wholly about becoming a businessperson, and learning to sell yourself.

If you are considering turning your hobby into a career, the starting point should be to write a business plan ("fail to plan, plan to fail"). This concept may be alien to many, but a plan is little more than putting your thoughts down on paper, and in so doing, attempting to recognize every aspect of business that you need to consider, and the steps you must take to fill inevitable gaps in your knowledge.

The single most important element of a business plan is a simple statement of what you intend to do, and why. Whatever your reasons, as you progress towards your goal, you need to constantly check that your aims are being fulfilled. For example, if you want to become a professional artist primarily for enjoyment and gratification (and you don't envisage making a fortune along the way), you need to check that your movement towards professional status is giving you pleasure and fulfilment. If it is not, you need to re-think, or even stop what you are doing.

Ye dianhidayat, you should become an artist if you really got talent so show it to the world and try to convince your mom that art is one of the main part of your life.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dianhidayat View Post
    My goal has always wanted to be artists, I've done in school khusu training to develop my talents, but my mother did not approve of me to be artist. I'm so confused with this problem, what should I do, if I had to obey my mother or me to pursue my ideals, I hope my friends all want to solve or give me a solution for this problem
    You can become an artist if you have a talent, so keep doing that work that you like because you can achieve success when you work with enjoy, interest and talent.

I have heard many instances that parents do not approve becoming and artist but instead they would like their children to become lawyers or doctors and so on. But if you have great talent and strong interest in becoming an artist you should try to convince your mother that this is really something you would like to pursue, hopefully she will come around.
    Earn Extra Supporting Artists and Charity

Make some extra money for Christmas - and discover a great way to add colour to your blog.

Default Need help please

I have not really explored myself with my artist skills much (i did some oil paintings) but i think i can be a good artist but my concern is that will it help me if i took it as a career option for me....and i am out of practise i need some advise and will it get me good money in he future..please help

Hi
    I believe you can do whatever you’re heart says, you can become an artist if you actually have talent to show it to the world and try to convince your mom that art is one of the main part of your life.

Default I am going to take graphic designing as my study course in TAFE but

I am going to take graphic designing as my study course in TAFE but i have to prepare my portfolio before the admission....how do i prepare my portfolio and is it a good choice course for an average student...m scared and hesitated to take it ...but i want to do it as i have not been good in other studies...m doubtful whether i will be able to do it...i really dnt knw..

The career outlook for artists is, unfortunately,slowing down. To be successful, you need to find something that sets you apart and focus on marketing that unique talent that you have. Explore your artistic talents and strengths to develop a product that will make you stand out. You might benefit from some training in marketing your work.

A new study has found that narcissistic people are more likely to consider themselves creative and do creative things than their non-narcissistic counterparts. Um … we needed a study to tell us that?

The findings are published in an upcoming issue of the aptly named Thinking Skills and Creativity journal. They detail an experiment conducted by University College London psychologist Adrian Furnham and two colleagues, and although the results are behind a paywall, the abstract tells us:

Want to Be an Artist? Try a Little Narcissism

Take Expert Advice as i found best for: www .cheapresumewritingservices.net/

Thread Information