Default Member Levels And Permissions

Unregistered User ( Guest)

If you are not yet registered member of this forum you can still view and read all the posts and threads. To ask questions, start a discussion or post answers you do need to register and become a member. Registration is free and easy. Register

Registered User (junior member)

Junior Member is registered user who has post count less than 10 posts.

As a Junior Member, You Can:

• Can Start Threads
    • Can Make Posts
    • Can Edit Own Posts
    • Can View Social Groups
    • Can Vote on Polls
    • Can Use Friends List
    • Can Use Likes

To eliminate spam and offer better user experience, new members are subject to some restrictions. Main restrictions are: Posts may be moderated by forum staff before they are visible to other members. A junior member can not use signature or signature links and can not send private messages and can not post visitor messages.

After your post count has reached to 10 posts you will become a Full Member and above restrictions do not apply to you anymore. Your post will be seen straight away by other members and you can start using signature and signature links.

To Become a Full Member you need to have post count 10 or more. As Full Member your posts and threads are not actively moderated anymore, you can use signature and signature links.

As a Full Member, You Can:

• Can Start Threads
    • Can Make Posts
    • Can Edit Own Posts
    • Can Use Signature Links
    • Can Send Private Messages
    • Can Rate Threads
    • Can Use Friends List
    • Can View Social Groups
    • Can Join Social Groups
    • Can Post On Social Groups
    • Can Post Visitor Messages
    • Can Create Tags
    • Can Post Polls
    • Can Vote on Polls
    • Can Post Calendar Events
    • Can Upload Profile Pictures
    • Can Give Positive Reputations
    • Can Use Likes
    • Can Upload/Download Attachments

Expert

To Become an Expert you need to have post count 100 or more and reputation level 1000 or more. Addition to the prominent title, Expert has all the permissions that Full Member has plus few more extra permissions.

As An Expert, You Can:

• Can Start Threads
    • Can Make Posts
    • Can Edit and Delete Own Posts
    • Can Use Signature Links
    • Can Send Private Messages
    • Can Rate Threads
    • Can Use Likes
    • Can Use Friends List
    • Can View Social Groups
    • Can Join Social Groups
    • Can Post On Social Groups
    • Can Post Visitor Messages
    • Can Create Tags
    • Can Post Polls
    • Can Vote on Polls
    • Can Post Calendar Events
    • Can Upload Profile Pictures
    • Can Give Positive Reputations
    • Can Upload/Download Attachments

------PLUS-------
    • Can Upload Images for Signature
    • Can Have Album and Upload Pictures
    • Can Create Social Groups
    • Can Give Negative Reputations
    • Can Become A Forum Moderator

Last edited by Hando; 02-21-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hando View Post

To Become an Expert you need to have post count 100 or more and reputation level 1000 or more. Addition to the nice title, Expert has all the permissions that Full Member has plus several more permissions.
    Before wasn’t it only on the basis of post count to become Expert Member. No I can see that you also have to have reputation level 1000 or more to become an Expert or is it either this or that to gain the Expert status?

Yes, George, you are correct. Before it was indeed only the post count that had to be met in order to gain an Expert Member status but after due consideration, we realized that post count on its own would not be sufficient factor to determine who should be an expert.

As Expert should be someone who is widely recognized as a reliable source of technique or extensive knowledge based on research, experience, or occupation and is accorded authority and status by other forum members in a specific well-distinguished domain then somebody who has posted a lot of questions or short comments should not be considered as an Expert.

As reputation points are given by other forum members for posting well researched and highly helpful posts then adding the reputation level as one of the qualifying factors is a better way to determine who is an expert and should be moved to the relevant user group.

And yes, both conditions must be met in order to gain Expert status.
    Last edited by Hando; 02-21-2011 at 05:48 AM.
    Find Out How To Become Absolutely Anybody!
    Visit also other sections of this fast growing career website Career Blog - UK Training Course Directory

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Before wasn’t it only on the basis of post count to become Expert Member. No I can see that you also have to have reputation level 1000 or more to become an Expert or is it either this or that to gain the Expert status?

Hi, I have more than 10 post, but still Junior Member how can I change to Full member? Thank u

Hi rootnix, I did check your status and it does show that you are a Full Member now. The system updates in every half an hour so that is probably why it still showed the Junior Member status before.
    Have you read Rules Of The Forum and FAQ!

If you need help or technical support when using this forum or you have any complaints, questions or suggestions please send me a pm or start a new thread in forum Info & Support section.

I have ten now

Regularly participation on the forum is very much necessary.

I just joined this forum and read this thread, I will make sure that I won't break any rules of this forum.

Thread Information