Default Dreaming About Becoming An Actress

Lot of career options to consider! Well, becoming an Hollywood actress is one of them. I am form UK, but no, not in UK, Hollywood is the place to go if you want to become an actress, real star and you have to go where the work is, isn’t it? Can I have some pointers and advice what to do, what to be prepared for and what to expect in order to make it in Hollywood.

Default Become a Hollywood Star

Well Iriseoir, it is important if you want to become a Hollywood star to start your career as early as possible. There is never too much knowledge or experience when it comes to media related jobs. If you can get started with some courses or work experience when you are at secondary school or college then you will be off to a good start. It is helpful to take as many media related courses as possible; even a screenwriting class will be very helpful for your career.

If you can start off your career early that is a great advantage, but if you are already past your secondary school or college years don’t worry, it isn’t too late to become an actress. The best thing that you can do to begin with is to get some work. The more experience that you have with acting the better your chances are of landing a good Hollywood job. If you have trouble finding acting work then perhaps volunteer your time at your local community theatre just to get started and get some experience.

You should be able to get media related jobs in UK as well but if you really want to become a Hollywood actor then your best chance is to move to Hollywood as you said and try to get work there. The second choice would be to move to New York City. A move to either of these cities can be expensive however, so don’t rush into any move but prepare yourself mentally and financially before making the move.

I think I have seen you on the big screen already,

Take a look at : StarNow.co.uk - Acting Auditions, Model Agency Casting, Music Jobs, Dance jobs, Modelling Agencies & Photography jobs it will give you some experience while your still in the UK and will look good on your portfolio should you decide to head to Hollywood! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom41 View Post
    Well Iriseoir,

I think I have seen you on the big screen already,
    Not yet, but hopefully you will soon,

Quote Originally Posted by InterestingJobs View Post
    Take a look at : StarNow.co.uk - Acting Auditions, Model Agency Casting, Music Jobs, Dance jobs, Modelling Agencies & Photography jobs it will give you some experience while your still in the UK and will look good on your portfolio should you decide to head to Hollywood! Good luck!
    Thank you for the link,

Hi Iriseoir,

I think that it would be best to have some plans and goals that you can aim toward achieving when you first move to Hollywood. You shouldn’t aim too high to begin with as your career is just starting out. Aim small and have your first goal something like getting some quality headshots. Then you can move on to an agent and from there begin attending some open and scheduled auditions. As you reach each of your goals you can then set a new one and you will slowly work your way up to being a paid actor in Hollywood.

Also, having an acting coach can help you to achieve your acting goals in Hollywood. Life is a journey during which you are always learning, so even if you have already attended acting classes in high school or college, you can still benefit from an acting coach. When you are auditioning for roles in Hollywood, the casting directors are looking for the best and an acting coach knows just what they are looking for and can help you to be the best. Even good actors still use professional acting coaches to make them great.

An acting coach will work with you on a one-on-one basis so you are getting their full attention. Most of the top quality coaches will be booked out and those that are available to hire may be very expensive. If you can’t afford to pay for a one-on-one coach then attending an acting class will be your next best option. There are many acting classes to choose from around Hollywood with some being offered on nights and weekends.

As mentioned earlier to have as one of your goals, you should get a good headshot if you don’t already have one. You can do this in Hollywood or before you go to Hollywood, but either way you should use a professional photographer to do the job. Your headshot is the first thing that a casting director will see and they may decide whether or not to invite you for an audition based on your headshot.

There is some debate as to whether you really need to have an agent in Hollywood. After all I’m sure you can find casting calls and land auditions on y our own, all you need to do is check online job websites that focus on media careers, networking or examining trade magazines. It is recommended that you do use an agent though as your chances of becoming a good, highly paid actor will increase when you are working with an agent.

When you are looking for work as a Hollywood actress you will find yourself attending audition after audition and you may be disappointed many times before landing a great role. There are thousands of aspiring actors and actresses all trying to make it big in Hollywood so you have a lot of competition. Don’t let competition hold you back though, instead use it to your advantage to make you more determined to be successful.

Your dreams will probably have you in a huge Hollywood movie or TV role but it won’t happen straight away. You need to be prepared to start off small and some small roles to begin with will give you the experience that you need to move up into the big roles. When starting out you need to take any media work that you can find including modelling, reality shows, work in commercials or voiceover work. Although these may not be your long term goals they will help you to reach those long term goals.

It is best for you to have plans and goals. You also need to be very careful and watch out for people who take advantage of people starting out in the business.

Becoming an actress is a really tough business to get into, but I think if you put your mind to it and have yourself a plan, you can get there. With anything you want to do in life, all you need to do is keep pushing no matter what happens, even when people tell you to give up.

Well, if you want to become a Hollywood actress my advice would be to move to Hollywood. Then I would suggest taking all the classes in acting, speech or improv that you can find. I would also recommend going to auditions and lots of them.

There are far more unemployed actors than employed ones, and the glamous life af a Hollywood actor is restricted only to the elite few. You will need a thick skin, patience and a lot of 'right-place-at-right-time' luck to make it!

Thread Information