Default Can I Become A Bus Driver With Points On My Licence?

Can I become a Bus Driver with points on my licence? I have 6 points for speeding (annoying speed cameras!). Would it matter on the application? I would like to hear from Bus Drivers in the industry who have experience of this matter. I am a good driver, just unlucky to have been caught by cameras. I have never caused any accidents and only been involved in one collision which wasn’t my fault. I am currently unemployed having been made redundant from an IT job. I just fancy doing something totally different, and I have had a thing for driving buses since I was a kid. Are they difficult to drive? Are the adverts of £600+ a week true? I was earning a lot more previously in IT but I want a career break and I am prepared to take a pay cut to fulfil a child hood dream.

Any help would be appreciated!

Willie

I don’t know what are the exact DVLA requirements to get PCV licence but when the bus companies advertise for their driver training programs they usually say that you should have no more than 3 points on your licence and If you already have PCV licence then to get the bus driver position, you should not have more than 6 point on your licence.

But As I said I do not know what is the DVLA position in this matter. Maybe somebody knows?

Hi there, you can still apply for jobs although bear in mind that if there are equally qualified people with clean licences then they may take precedence.

More information on becoming a bus driver can be found here: www.pcvlicencetraining.co.uk

Good luck !!

With your driving record you have as much chance of obtaining your PCV licence as I have in becoming the next King Of England..Before you are even considered for the licence you will have to be interviewed by the Traffic Commissioner for your area. Only they have the power to grant your licence. But I wouldn't hold your breath. You would not even be considered for the LGV licence either.
    Free Resume Assessment
    Cheap Resume Writing Services

I have a PCV licence. I wish you the best of luck with your career. How was the vacancy for your position advertised ?
    vision is mission

Thread Information