Thread: Editor Training

Default Editor Training

How did you train yourself for freelance editing? I know I need to brush up on my grammar skills and am trying to decide whether to take college courses or teach myself online.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelia View Post
    How did you train yourself for freelance editing? I know I need to brush up on my grammar skills and am trying to decide whether to take college courses or teach myself online.
    Basic Editor Training (BET) is a three–week training program for all new editors. The extensive modules on article usage and the seemingly endless rules for using commas can be intimidating at first. Further, this training involves a considerable amount of unlearning of incorrect language habits that many of us have developed. But if you are passionate about the language and want to join a company that is committed to provide the best English editing service, you will enjoy BET.

Thank you for the lead! It sounds intense but I like the shorter training time. I agree that commas are tricky and unlearning bad habits will be difficult, but I still think editing would be a good fit for me.

freelance editor or proofreader could be the ideal money maker for you. It's work you can carry out at home, as and when you like, doing as much or as little work as suits you. There's no particular skills or qualifications you need to get started, although a liking for reading and an eye for detail is an advantage. Here's what to do if you'd like to follow this route to extra part/full time cash.

How to get Started

Freelance Jobs for Editing

Cheap Resume Writing Service is offering services of writing a professional Resume & Cover letter according to your past military experience. They will develop your linkedIn profile and distribute your resumes to potential employers.
    Send your resume here for free assessment.

Thanks

Thread Information