Default How Do You Become a Farmer?

If you are not born on a farm or into a farming community, how do you become a farmer? I am not academic so I doubt I would pass a degree in agriculture, but I am good with my hands and with animals. Are there apprenticeship schemes? I would love to work surrounded by countryside rather than the boring walls of an office. I am sure most farmers do not go to university, so I must have a chance, any advice please!?

I can give you some advises about this topic because I am from farming background as my father is a farmer actually so i have some experience in farming. First of all in order to become a good farmer please get a degree in agriculture, if you can because it will give you the knowledge about the new techniques and new farming methods and it will also help you do things in right order, understanding the ups and downs of field without any degree of agriculture you cannot get these sought of knowledge. Secondly you have stated that you are good with animals so you have a bright future because you can buy some livestock i suggest you to buy cows of age of one year because you can buy these cows cheaply and after one year when they will become meture you can sell them in good prices. In livestock buy some sheeps and goats because their fertility rate are quite high as compare to cows.

These are my suggestions and I hope you will find them usefull.

If you want to become a good farmer I want to give some tips about it because I am also a farmer and my father is also attached from this field. You do not need any degree to become a good farmer you just need some information regarding equipments and process involved in farming. But it is also better to have a agricultural degree because it will give you a latest knowledge of farming equipments and process i think it will help you a lot. You have stated that you are good in animals so you can easily setup the business of livestock too which is very profitable business. It is very good idea to work in a countryside rather than in office buildings because I at least found it very difficult to work in office building. These are my tips for you. Good luck.

If you want to become a good farmer I want to give some tips about it because I am also a farmer and my father is also attached from this field.

Volunteer on a farm, may lead to a job thus training.

Are you still thinking about becoming a farmer? You got some great advice here.

Farmer Training Program:
    The Farmer Training Program is a 6-month intensive program for aspiring farmers and food systems advocates that provides a hands-on, skill-based education in sustainable agriculture. This full-time program offers participants the unique opportunity to manage their own growing site, take classes from professors and expert farmers, and rotate as workers and learners on successful, diverse farms in the Burlington area. This program will provide an intense, supportive experience where participants leave with a Certificate in Sustainable Farming, a deeper understanding of agricultural management and small-scale farming, and the entrepreneurial skills to start their own operation.
    The University of Vermont

Without any practice or practical we can get anything right. Therefore to become a farmer we used to follow the guidelines of a farmer and get better instructions from there.

Became a framer is really difficult. I salute all farmers how can they do it with out having any degree certificate. By only practice and logic they do a better job.

My father was a farmer so that is how I learned to farm. There are, however, other ways to become a farmer. Many farmers always need additional hands at certain times of the year, especially around harvest time. You could call it an apprenticeship of a sort. Most of these positions do not require any experience to begin. I would just go around to all the farms in my area to see if there are any positions to be had. This is the best way to learn. You get knowledge from someone experienced in the art of farming.

Here in my area, if you have the land and the property, you can start growing crops right from the get go. As for keeping animals, you must make sure they have proper living conditions. But apart from that, you definitely don`t need a degree in agriculture to become a farmer.

You become one by learning the trade hands on. You will eventually want to own a farm or at least enough land to farm on. Not all farms have livestock but they all grow and produce food.
    Quality lace front wigs for Women, Fast and Free Shipping,

You don't really "become" one, you just end up being one as you gain more experience if that makes sense. This is the kind of trade where you almost never see classes for because it comes from work and learning the process on an actual farm.

Thread Information