Default Is Being A Driving Instructor Dangerous?

Is being a driving instructor dangerous? I love to drive, and I am really good at communicating and teaching others. How great is the chance of getting hurt?

I would say if you have good communication skills and are up to task and are a little patient with slow learners, then you are good to go.

Of course it is dangerous being a driving instructor, I would not like to sit in a car with somebody who has not driven before or has very little experience, I must say that those driving instructors have nerves of steel. And have you notice that all these cars they use for learning are so small so if there is an accident then you will be in trouble.

Default Agency or Self Employed

From what I understand, if I were to get my ADI then I could either work for an agency or a for an agency. Which do you think is better?

Default Is Being A Driving Instructor Dangerous?

Yes, Obviously being a driver instructor is not an easy as in, but if you have the courage and determination to go forward for this career anyway since you need to attend to school you learn how driving instructor must have an in-depth knowledge of traffic laws and safe driving practices. An instructor must also possess an understanding of why these laws exist, and why certain driving practices are safer, or more dangerous, than others, so that he or she can better explain them to you. It is not enough to simply tell a student to "aim higher" or "use caution". These are vague terms to a novice driver, and will, most likely, be misunderstood or forgotten by the student unless an explanation of why is given for each term used in the training.

Hurt? not... I believe you can make it since you good in communication skills continue to go! Only God now's everything.

Quote Originally Posted by daysleeper View Post
    Is being a driving instructor dangerous? I love to drive, and I am really good at communicating and teaching others. How great is the chance of getting hurt?
    If you wish to be a Driving Instructor you should have a certificate in :
    Part 1 – Theory Test: this covers all aspects of psychology, motor mechanics, motoring law, and the theory of teaching.

Part 2 – Advanced Driving Test (1 ½ hours)

Part 3 – Teaching Ability Test: in this test, the examiner plays the role of the pupil. This is very tough subject

You must have the following abilities:
    An excellent driving ability, A calm and level head, Being able to inspire and create enthusiasm, and to give instructions clearly, the ability to react to potentially dangerous situations, a system of planning lessons that will provide a steady progression to qualification, a high degree of patience for dealing with difficult students and other road users and an Enthusiasm for the job.

Your Responsibilities:
    Preparing students for emergency situations, Informing them about the maintenance of the vehicle, Being a guide to the student, answering questions and reacting to situations that will arise on the road, increasing the student’s Highway Code awareness, Ensuring that the student is gaining an increased awareness of using the road and the responsibilities that that entails, Maintaining the car and making sure that it is safe, Organising lessons and rearranging times, Attracting new business, perhaps through local advertising, Dealing with tax and insurance issues.

If you can assure that you enjoy sound health of mind and body, without having any dangerous habits like overdrinking you can be a good instructor.
    Job Interview Questions and Answers

Lint50 right you are.

According to me, there are some areas which you need to be aware of before you decide to take this path however. You must be DSA qualified and registered before you can legally give tuition for a fee. Falling foul of the DSA will land you in court, so even once you are qualified it’s vital to ensure you are up to date with any changes to laws and standards.

A driving instructor plays a pivotal role by teaching their students how to operate a vehicle safely so that they may go on to obtain a driver’s license. Candidates can hold various positions, from working as one of a number of instructors within a company to running their own driving school
    Job holders must teach students how to complete manoeuvres such as parallel parking, turning and reversing around a corner. They also instruct their students on how to maintain certain aspects of their vehicle, for example how to check the oil level.
    Driving Instructor job description
    Free Resume Assessment
    Cheap Resume Writing Services

Thread Information