Thread: A Queen's Guard

Question A Queen's Guard

Working as a Queen's guard seems such a fascinating and elite job. Imagine working in the Queen's palace and watching all the royalties do their daily duties. How does one become a Queen's guard?

I want to look at it from the point of view of the really high expectations. You are expected to do your job perfectly and have to guard the queen 24/7. It seems to me like a really demanding job.

I kind of agree with you about it being an elite job...getting any close to the queen in itself is pretigious. I assume it also comes with lots of expectations and demands.

I don’t think you seriously want to become a Queens Guard. I think you mistake Queens Guard to Queens bodyguard or police unit who protects them and get to be very close to them. Queens Guards is purely ceremonial army unit and these are the guys who are place outside the Buckingham Palace and St. James Palace and they wear those uniforms and tourist make pictures with them, and you have to stand there for hours on end whatever the weather. Are you sure you want to do that???

Standing guard in front of the Queen's residences is part of the job of a Queen's guard, so I won't mind a bit.

"The Queen's Guard and Queen's Life Guard is mounted at the royal residences that come under the operating area of the British Army's London District, which is responsible for the administration of the Household Division. This covers Buckingham Palace, St James's Palace and the Tower of London, as well as Windsor Castle. The Queen's Guard is also mounted at the sovereign's other official residence, the Palace of Holyroodhouse..."

Whereas the Queen's bodyguard is not a full time job, only a ceremonial one during state ceremonies attended by the queen. It's members are picked from the list of outstanding soldiers, marines and airmen.

Queen's Guard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yeomen of the Queen's Body Guard

Well, I must have mistaken this with what normally comes to everyone's mind whenever the word 'guard' is mentioned. It does not sound like such a bad job after all.

No, it doesn`t at all, and as I heard from my friend it pays pretty well too

Where could I find more info about this?

It's a beatifull position.

Thumbs up

Yes, please Where could I find more info about this?

Default Quuens Guard

I am also interested in further information on this.

The British Army had regiments of both Horse Guards and Foot Guards predating the English Restoration (1660), and, since the reign of King Charles II, these have been responsible for guarding the Sovereign Palaces.
    The Queen has a number of homes, both official (Buckingham Palace, St James's Palace, Windsor Castle and Holyrood House in Scotland) and private (Sandringham and Balmoral), but it is only at the London and Windsor Palaces and Holyroodhouse that a guard is mounted.

-Source: The Queen's Guard - British Army Website

Competition for employment can be intense – that is why you need an impressive cover letter and professional resume to increase your chances of getting an interview call!
    Visit the website for more details Our Cheap Resume Writing Service | Cheap Resume Writing Services
    Send your resume here for free resume assessment.
    Thanks.

Thread Information