Thread: Chauffeur Jobs

Default Chauffeur Jobs

If someone is interested in working as a chauffeur is it better to get some formal driving experience first, say as a taxi driver? Or is there another type of driving work that would make you more attractive to employers?

Chauffeuring, in my own view, is an exciting career but a lot of it depends on your personality. You can start with a good driving experience and also get to know a lot about the industry's etiquette.

To become a chauffer, good knowledge of London is essential. My brother used to work for Addison Lee but he had work as a courier driver before so he already knew his way around London. So, after working for Addison Lee for a year or so he got a job as a chauffer and it was really easy for him because he knows most of the streets and places but if you don’t you will really struggle and have to relay on navigation system and so on and it may not look that professional.

Anyway, my brother really wants to go back to work for Addison Lee as the chauffer job is bit boring, he says that sometime he just needs to wait at some place for hours and hours and he can not take the cars home either as the cars he drives are really expensive, like Rolls Royce Ghost. As with Addison Lee he got to take car home and had lot more freedom and the money was about the same as well. I suppose if you have a really nice car your own like E-Class Mercedes or something than you can make quite a good money doing a Chauffer work but for driving for somebody else I don’t think that is such a good job then.

Default Record

If you really want to drive for a living then you better make sure you do not have any infractions on your driving record. If you do then you better have a really good explanation.

I agree with Duncan that you should know how to reach different places like the back of your hand, be presentable and know your manners, and you should also be patient while waiting for your master to finish his appointment. It's an exciting job if you like driving luxury cars.

Melissa27 Guest

Knowledge of the area is key and so is a good GPS system. I would think that you would need some sort of training. You would also need experience so Taxi driving might be a good start.

Melissa27 you are fully right.

A chauffeur is a person employed to drive a passenger motor vehicle, especially a luxury vehicle such as a large sedan or limousine.

How to become a chauffeur? Send your resume Cheap Resume Writing Help and experts will reply back to you with feedback. They write resumes according to the latest techniques used by employers.

Smile Getting A REAL Job

Quote Originally Posted by Geniei View Post
    If someone is interested in working as a chauffeur is it better to get some formal driving experience first, say as a taxi driver? Or is there another type of driving work that would make you more attractive to employers?
    For everyone looking for a job, I recommend getting off forums and going online to a real employment agency like hound.com. Unless you're interested in wasting more time online with all these chat rooms and online virtual blogging/forum sites. I think the biggest threat to employment right now is the internet. more and more people are wasting so much time on places like this and not spending enough time going out and looking for a real job. It's crazy how many people are not able to go out and get a job because they are too caught up being online and trying to get as much as they can out of forums like this without doing much in person.

Good luck to those really looking for good work.

in addition, if you work for good company, you have opportunity to get good tips, especially if company have good deals in city.

I suppose if you have a really nice car your own like E-Class Mercedes or something than you can make quite a good money doing a Chauffer work but for driving for somebody else

Thread Information